GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Venetian Windows
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Another using cruciform, different subject matter. Soft modeling paste was applied to the canvas, before painting, to add to the textures found in Venice. Allowed to dry and then backgroung color applied , lettering, and stenciling used. Gac 100 was used, allowed to dry well and then piece was "antiqued" w/ Bu<br>t Umber. Windows, floral shape and columns were painted on top of this background . When dry the painting was va<br>ished w/ a spray UV-Protective clear acrylic finish.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think? Be honest, I can take it. I attended art school and have been involved in Art all my life.... The creation of art for me is something I must do, like breathing!

D.W. Flint
12-26-2007, 04:20 PM
I really like your colors and the detail you put into this. The only thing I noticed is that the light seems to be coming from the upper left. That being the case it appears there needs to be shadow underneath and the right side of the flower box structure. As it is, it sort of looks like it's painted on the wall. That's just what I noticed. I could be off the "wall". :rolleyes:

Corby
12-26-2007, 07:47 PM
The images are nice and the color is appealing, but it seems to me that a sense of texture and a sense of place is missing. The computer screen of course is not ideal for conveying the subtleties of our work, but it seems you took a lot of unnecessary steps to establish an image that could just as well have been directly painted. perhaps a similar process on a ground that has been reaaaaalllly worked until it has the damp crumbly patina of Venice. Then faded colors with a slight sense of mold...? Ancient is what I would shoot for, you have a good idea, just needs some "kick".

Scottyarthur
12-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I like them both as is very interesting and I love the use of colors.

osidianrose
12-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I like the background a lot. I don't find the text visually appealing. The symbol in the upper left doesn't really correlate with anything else. The thing in the bottom left doesn't either. I would really work on the concept.

thomas w
12-27-2007, 08:59 AM
I like these alot. They would make excellent cards if you wanted to. Great work on the details.
Thomas W

Anthony Nightowl
12-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I like your picture, I don't know why but i do and thats what real art is about. but for me the blue print in the left upper corner looks flat.

mnleckrone
12-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for your posts,
If I could have gotten the other close-up to upload, you could see that it's shaded some. It is a medallion shape my friend photographed on a door in Venice... The columns are an architectural item too, she has it in another photo.
mnleckrone

bcoop
12-27-2007, 05:01 PM
I like the colors and mediums used..I have an advantage of having seen the original.

mnleckrone
12-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi Tom,
How would I be able to make these 2 paintings into cards.. easily, quickly and inexspensively?
I have 3 shows lined up and could use some small items to sell at a very reasonable price.
Nellene(mnleckrone)