PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Dec. 24 - Dec. 30

Pat Isaac
12-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone,

We had wind soaked rain last night, which washed away a lot of the snow. Now there will be room to put more...:lol: Busy day doing last minute stuff.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

AngelaF
12-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi everyone, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years!

Sorry I have been away so long, my friend had her rotator cuff surgery earlier than was planned -- I have had very little time to myself the last three weeks. She is doing better now and able to do more things on her own, even some farm chores now. She will not being going back to work for a while though. I am still puttering in the house and have not been able to get contractor for lights/island counter top back before Christmas. Having some family in on Christmas anyway. More guests not due til after New Year's. I seriously hope to have the redo project mostly done by then. I for sure will set up my studio in the New Year, even if I have to work on it all of New Year's day. I will change my focus from house to art in January -- will put the house improvements/organization on a one or two day a week schedule. It has been such a focus, that change will be hard to do -- but well worth it.

I have been trying to catch up on the posts since I have been gone, but that will take me a while. I especially enjoyed the "painterly" vs "loose" discusssion.

Glad you got your portfolio done, Julie, what an accomplishment!! and that your friend liked her portrait. I look forward to seeing your OP self portrait.

Glad you are feeling better, Pat, and hope you get a clean bill of health from the doctor.

Hope you feel better from your root canal, Annie. I have one scheduled on 1/3 -- thank goodness Alieve is keeping pain at bay for now.

Jane, hope you get alot of artwork done during the winter snows. That was a nice photograph of the stable. The snow looked very peaceful.

Take care all, Angela

LJW
12-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi, Pat. We had rain overnight which turned things to ice. It is supposed to snow today, which I hope will make the driveway walkable again.

Angela, good to hear from you. Did the floor get installed without problem? You have to be ready to paint in February since you're hosting the Monthly Challenge. Added incentive to get your studio finished soon. :) Jane

Peiwend
12-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Happy Holidays, all.

With the snow, my tiny, little old seaside village (year-round population: 67) looks like a Christmas card.

______________________Wendell

Pat Isaac
12-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Good to hear from you Angela and happy the the re do is just about finished. Have a good time with all your family arriving soon.
I am fine now.

That is a tiny town, Wendell...

Happy Holidays....

Pat

LJW
12-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Wendell, your village sounds wonderful. Happy holidays to you. Jane

sundiver
12-24-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't get in here much but in a quiet stolen moment I just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays ! ( whether or not you celebrate them)
We got the rain today, very mild so I went out back and tried a plein air with oil sticks. Don't think it qualifies to go into the O.P. forum so maybe will post it in Landscapes.
Angela, you're brave to have company in the midst of a reno!

We're heading southward Boxing Day, to pick up a sailboat (Ebay:D) in the Annapolis Md area. College-age kids and elderly MIL are coming along to make it a holiday. We'll spend a day in Boston and I hope to get a few minutes at Dick Blick. Pat, how does it compare with Utrecht (been there once), in terms of pastels?
Peace and joy to all!

LJW
12-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi, Wendy. Happy holidays to you. Have fun shopping for art supplies in Boston. Pat has said in the past that it's okay to post oil stick paintings here, so let's see your plein air. Jane

Pat Isaac
12-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Yes, Let's see the plein air. have a wonderful trip and great holiday, Wendy.
Yes I much prefer Dick Blick over Utrecht. Have fun shopping.

Pat

Bars
12-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Thinking of all the folks involved running WC and all those involved one way or another. Happy and Peaceful Christmas to you all. On a different note, Pat I tried to post my finished painting for the Dec oil pastel challenge, somehow I posted it to the wrong place, have you seen it at all? I can't find it . Once again God bless you all Bars

Pat Isaac
12-25-2007, 07:36 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND PEACE TO ALL

I'll look around Bars...

Pat

LJW
12-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Merry Christmas from me, too. (I'm adding the complementary colour to Pat's) Jane

AnnieA
12-25-2007, 05:52 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2007/85002-Merry_Christmas_clip_art.gif

Wishing a very...
:music: Merry Christmas :music:

...to everyone here in the Oil Pastel Forum!

...and warm (belated) holiday wishes at Hannukah and at Eid ul-Adha.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2007/85002-Happy_Holidays_clip_art.gif

:music: Happy New Year! :music:

LJW
12-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Love your animations, Annie. Hope you're enjoying your day. Jane

Pat Isaac
12-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I hope everyone had a very enjoyable day yesterday.
Santa did bring me a new digital camera, which I am now trying to figure out, at least the manual part of it. Now I will be able to get high resolution images of my paintings, and hopefully this camera will not stop making it's cards. It is an SLR Nikon D40.
The older computer that my husband has been using started acting up last week well, more than that. It just wouldn't do anything. I took it to the Mac store today and they tested it. As I suspected it is dead. The power unit has gone and to fix it would be expensive, so we are contemplating buying another computer. Sigh....
I also received some new software, so will be playing with that.
Weather is calm for a change.....

Pat

wabbitt
12-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone, are we back to sanity yet? Whew, I got blown away yesterday...literally. Woke up to 50-60MPH winds. No damage to the house, fortunately, just a couple overturned pots. Mom wasn't up to the drive on Sunday so we went Monday and I didn't have to hack away at the garden, even though it needs it. I'm not complaining :) So a couple times on the freeway, visibility was near zero because of all the sand and dirt blowing around. Spent Christmas eating and visiting, and did I mention eating? :lol:

LJW
12-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Pat, enjoy your new camera. We got a new one back in September and I'm still trying to figure out all its features.

Julie, that was some weather! A sand storm on the thruway - who would have thought it. Our weather is calm, but grey. Time to get out my SAD lamp. Ate too much turkey and trimmings, but it was Christmas after all.

Jane

Pat Isaac
12-27-2007, 08:01 AM
What a terrible storm, Julie. Glad everyone is ok.
I am having MAJOR computer problems. The older computer that my husband was using went to the Apple store yesterday and it was as I expected. It was dead. The power unit was gone and it didn't seem worth it to fix it, so it went to recycle. We came home and were debating getting a new one.....I decided to download the new system that I received for my new computer, well didn't that foul everthing up. Not sure what happened, but I can turn on the computer and it shuts off before it totally boots up......aaaarrrrrrrrrgggh. That is going to the Apple store today. In the meantime, we had an even older computer in the barn which is what I am using for now. Can't do a whole lot on it, but at least it gets mail.
Mild and rainly here, but snow later.
I'm still eating too much of the trimmings..:lol:

Pat

Shirl Parker
12-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi OP-ers, I don't have enough verbal creativity to come up with two messages in one day of what I've been up to, so pardon me if I quote what I wrote in the 'Daily Wash' today:

"First thing this morning, someone in charge of our community rummage sale came by with her truck and carted off boxes of clothes, a futon chair, two computer printers, etc. I'm such a pack rat, and 4 of the boxes have not even been opened since 1996.

When I was younger, I used to move about every two years and now that I don't, I'm thinking it was a good idea. The moving makes you get rid of stuff and when it's only two years accumulation it's easier to do it. Longer and I find I just pay someone to pack it up and I'll think about it later, then never get it done.

Then I took Pearl, my Jack Russell, off to the vet for her annual shots. She did real well and didn't even try to nip anyone. She will probably nap most of the day now. I'll mostly be straightening up my apartment from all the disorder the cleaning out caused.

I need to decide on my next painting project. I only have one small acrylic work in progress, and if I put my brush to it, it could be done probably in an hour. But I need to get a drawing ready for a watercolor, and I don't know what it will be yet. At least there should be an Invitation to Paint soon, and another Triad challenge. The problem with having hundreds of photos in my "PicsToPaint" folder --- is picking one (or several to combine).

But I won't get that done writing this, so have a great day."

Have a great day and week.

Shirl