PDA

View Full Version : Northern Camp Fire

guy657
12-23-2007, 09:24 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-23-2007/98132_ashpainting1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-23-2007/98132_ashpainting1.gif

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Northe<br> Camp Fire
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x20inch
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Painting done of my sister and her boyfriend for Christmas

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what do you think? Any input would be great.

freeskier89
12-23-2007, 11:07 PM
You painted the people better than I could ever dream of painting people. There are a couple things that I think could be improved though (increasing order of significance to me):
1) Her cheek seems to be a tad bit to close to her nose, but that might just be me. (really minor)
2) The paddles and tree on the left are really distracting me from the people
3) The colors of the piece seem to make it have a cold almost depressing mood. It would be nice to see some warmer tones on their skin from the campfire. Also maybe make the trees a bit bluer. Some color variation from foreground to background would give it more depth.

Again, great job!

creodont
12-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Nice job . The trees on the far bank may need to be more distinctive from each other. I know they can get lost with so many together and from far away. But by creating space and or darkening shadow areas may help....................Cheers ...john

La_
12-25-2007, 03:07 AM
hmm
first let me say that i like it alot - very pleasant scene
second allow me a conundrum ... i think i understand the idea of framing the couple with the pole and the paddles, it works well when done well and i think you've done pretty well ... my predicament is why it's not quite right ... perhaps the 'framing' has just taken over too much, and the scene, the reason for them being there, has become the focus rather than the couple ... if their activity together is meant to be really important to the couple the sure, why not ... if it wasn't the intent then it might have been better composed to use smaller, more subtle items to frame the couple - perhaps a slightly smaller dock pole and just the campfire to weigh the right side.

I'm sure they'll totally think it's very cool, the people are really well done

la

thomas w
12-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Great detail and composition. I like the colors here. Good work.
Thomas W