PDA

View Full Version : Going Home

CMBuson
12-22-2007, 01:33 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-22-2007/123570_carla_kilimangaro.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Going Home
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 120 x 60cm
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I used lot of texture e.g. gesso and daz to create the rocks

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Colour, composition and brush work

Scottyarthur
12-22-2007, 03:00 AM
ooooooooooooohhh I like this one very nice work of art. color is fine, composition great, can't see the brush work.

Ronni
12-22-2007, 03:14 AM
I love it too

thomas w
12-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Wow, another great one. The compostion is terrific and the details are great.
Thomas W

Anjali
12-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Great work. Amazing how similar rural landscapes are all over the world.

MRSBB
12-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi CM and welcome. Your painting is very special.What is the location of the picture? I love the sky and how the colors play off the mountain top. Will look forward to seeing more of you art......Lenore

La_
12-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Welcome to WC! CMBuson
this is a lovely piece, colors are great, comp is great, love the tree especially ... that's one huge mountain in the distance - where is this place?
i cannot see the texture and brush strokes from this image, perhaps if you posted a detail ? i'm curious as to just how chunky you've made the rocks.
anyway, i'd happiily hang this, very nice

la

elijah_critic
12-22-2007, 03:42 PM
This is a very oriental piece. Because of that, the general monochromatic feel makes a lot of sense -- a imbalance characteristic to, say, some Japanse woodcuts.

Very nice perspective. The ground may seem too flat though, perhaps a small hill in the foreground would relieve some of the flatness.

Good technique, but the fog would benefit from a more "cloudy," voluminous look, it may appear too flat too. Though I suppose fog does form such layers -- seen it only on tv before. :)

Corby
12-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I believe it is Tanganyika and that is a beautiful rendition of Mt Kilimanjaro. It is so high that despite being on the equator it has snow on it in the summer! Nice painting! Does Tanganyika still exist under that name?...I must look...

CMBuson
12-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Well done C.L.Magnuson.
It is indeed my artistic interpretation of Mt Kilimanjaro.
Mt Kilimanjaro has now moved to Tanzania.

Wassie
12-23-2007, 04:11 AM
I love this. It really get the feeling of "going home." If I had to nit-pick, I would say that I had a hard time telling if that is snow or fog. I love the colors of the sky.

RADAR
12-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Well done C.L.Magnuson.
It is indeed my artistic interpretation of Mt Kilimanjaro.
Mt Kilimanjaro has now moved to Tanzania.

WOW! I wonder how many dozer & Trucks it took to move that mountain...............

lol..J/K

Very nice work, i love the entire layout. :)

Gary