GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: PATTY J
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Charcoal
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I spray painted the tire tracks on first, then drew the rest.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm not totally sure I'm done with it, any suggestions would be great!!!!!

D.W. Flint
12-21-2007, 07:07 PM
This sure is innovative, but I can't quite figure out what he is eating, pizza?
Looks like he's enjoying in though. And the tire tracks. Now that makes you think. Could mean a lot of things to different people. Very nice....:thumbsup:

ejtupi
12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I think he's either singing or yelling into a microphone, Flint.

Lyneth, you've got me stumped on this one. I'm assuming this is someone well-known, but I'm drawing a total blank. Clue, please?

It's neat the way you've fused the near-realism of the head and arm with the line drawing. I have to admit, I'm not getting the tire track part of it, but maybe if I knew who this guy was I'd understand the reference.

Excellent drawing, as usual. The outlining adds nicely to the collage effect.

elijah_critic
12-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Hugo Chavez? nah, probably not.

The way I see it, the tracks somehow fit in. A a compositional trick, they counterbalance the head, but on a different conceptual level -- which makes this piece conceptual, only that mostly it's not. You made look like a collage too. It's thought provoking. Satirical maybe?

KYRed
12-23-2007, 04:13 AM
I love the different materials used at different stages in the process. It does look like things have been layered. But I like the results.

RADAR
12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
it seems he is singing or talking into a mic,however the tire tracks distract my eyes from that area, i would like this better without the tire tracks ,but! Thats just me.

Gary

creodont
12-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Hugo Chavez????????? Pizza ??????????? I see someone at an Angel baseball game the shirt obviously is from california........Nice mixture of styles........John

WildGoose
12-27-2007, 02:25 AM
Lyneth-

Forum cruising this day after Christmas, and came upon your work..

Just for fun, went back to see some of your other work...

Like the way your'e changing/evolving/growing in other directions..

Your last two pieces that particularily stand out to me are the close-up of the beautiful young woman with the patterned scarf and this one of your friend (?).. Patty J.

The reasons:

Good rendition/skilled drawing first , and
effective contrast ( in the use of pen-line in both, secondly.

In this one also the speculation/intrigue playfulness inherent because of your printed tire mark!

Of course, it grabs attention from us - in a puzzled, but ,again,essentially playful/what-the-heck-is-she-up-to-here? way!

Cheers!:)

WildGoose/Chris

Anthony Nightowl
12-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Kind of ****s with your brain a bit I'm sure true understanding is just a splif away.Like it

Aselka
12-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I like it overall, but if the character on the painting is Hugo Chavez then the resemblance is not there. I would experiment with a colour by adding a small bright spot on his shirt or mike, etc.

Lyneth
12-28-2007, 12:01 AM
This is a portrait of a friend of mine, Pat. It's a mic, and thanks so much for the critique wildgoose! I'm not sure about this one for some reason, maybe I'm just getting tired of being so, shall I say 'anal' with my drawings, I want to loosen up (poor choice of words?).. I've posted some new water colours.

RetrospectiveGlance
12-28-2007, 12:09 PM
This is cool. Its very creative.