PDA

View Full Version : Candle

Sylvielu
06-14-2002, 07:45 PM
This was done to sample a new color. I used Carbazole Violet and red, Carbozole violet and blue, Carbolozle violet and duocrome cactus flower, yellow and a touch of blue on the candle. Also I used neutral for shadows.

Does anyone have problems with paint oozing out of the tube too fast on hot days?

taghera
06-14-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Sylvielu

Does anyone have problems with paint oozing out of the tube too fast on hot days?

A hot day, whats that?? LOL :D :D

Like this one Sylvielu, nice colours. :)

al22
06-14-2002, 11:57 PM
Hi Syl......I like this, especially the new colors....... being a bit picky I do wish the spout of the candle stand was a tiny bit above the background line.......
O and I like the goldish color on the candle holder......al

dspinks
06-15-2002, 01:20 AM
I like the loose but definitive light and dark thrown across the tabletop.
Debra

Sylvielu
06-15-2002, 11:28 AM
Thanks to all who looked and commented. I used a flat brush for the background and a mop for the table.

Al I see what you mean. I also notice that the table and background are even in height. I should have had lowered the table some.

Tag the day I painted this it was 90 degrees F. It was a record for my neck of the woods. Today its back to the 60's ....

NorahT
06-15-2002, 11:29 AM
Lovely colours and nice watercolour feel :)

Carrie
06-15-2002, 12:27 PM
Yep on the paint being rather "Moulton" on hot days for me too (Last Wednesday and Thurs) I hate putting the caps back on till I get the edges of the tube lip wiped off and dried. as well as the caps, so I stand them up in those little film canisters till it dries and then the caps don't get stuck on. I suppose this sounds a little anal!!!!:cat: :o Oh well, Hate stuck on paint caps

I wanted to say your painting is very nice, The way you did the backdrop with the wide brush very loose. I hope you can fix the line of the table, or you might be able to do another . Good job
Carrie