PDA

View Full Version : study 1 of black haired girl

liquidice
12-19-2007, 12:02 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-18-2007/126298_livingroom_168.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: study 1 of black haired girl
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 9x11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi, I just got to a stopping place here... What needs what? All comments welcome. I am here to lea<br> :)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I have a likeness, ad have not completed clothing or background, but need input on how to improve facial features. Thanks!

Ronni
12-19-2007, 03:53 AM
Wellcome! I love the warm colors. the orange spots are powerful. Her mouth is placed a bit too much to the right side of painting, and doesn't mach the face's direction.

Jayde
12-19-2007, 04:32 AM
This painting has a lovely feel to it with the soft colours and edges. I really like the way you have done the hair!

fathertime
12-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Yes I see that now.. with the mouth. I will try to fix & repost. It is so nice having input. Really glad I found yall!

Thanks so much for the comments! I do like the hair.. it just sort of happened :) Thank you.

thomas w
12-19-2007, 08:32 AM
You've got a good likeness here. There's definately alot of good things going on here. The soft shading and the hair, both work well. Best of luck in the future.
Thomas W

billmahler
12-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Nice feel to this painting. You've captured here mood nicely.
You could leave it as is, but you asked for some nit picking, so here goes:
The light flow isn't clear. Based on the shadow under her nose, it seems to be coming from her upper right.
Given that, I'd expect her right cheek to be lighter.
I agree with Ronni on the mouth and the septum cleft above it.
Finally, are her eyes just ever so slightly off track - not looking in the same direction? A slightly misplaced highlight can do that.

KYRed
12-23-2007, 04:39 AM
I love the softness of the young girl. I would like to know her and speak to her. But her hair is not black like the title suggests.