PDA

View Full Version : untitled

La_
12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-17-2007/84648_zombie_walk.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: untitled
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
no comments yet

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

toraman
12-17-2007, 07:00 PM
This painting made me smile when I saw it, I think its quite funny. Although it doesnt seem to be as detailed as your usual paintings (this seems to be done rather quickly by your standards) its nice, interesting

billmahler
12-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Seems as if you've gone from Genesis to Plato, La.
Are those the shadows in the cave of The Republic?
Are the shadows reality?

thomas w
12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Wow, I really like this. Mysterious and well rendered. I don't want to guess what the meaning is, but I would like to know.
Thomas W

Dana Design
12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
La, I like it also. I see it as "The Dance of Life". All around stillness but life prevails. Wonderful colors!

La_
12-18-2007, 12:01 PM
smiles are good toraman, and detail doesn't always work. thanks for your eyes : )

hey bill - the shadows are whatever you the viewer want them to be ; )

thanks thomas, glad you like : )

Dana, the dance of life is definitely in there - more the dance we hold our selves back from, the guises we fein

it's of breaking free of the 'sheep' mentality, conformity, and allowing ones self to be, to have rhythm beyond one's normal heart beat ... most arn't capable somehow, but everyone is tempted, everyone feels it

thanks all, no one mentioned it looking unfinished and that was my concern

la

Corby
12-18-2007, 02:29 PM
La, this is a definite keeper/seller. It would frame up beautifully! I would entitle it "The Dying Of Stasis"...a very thought provoking painting that I have really enjoyed considering!

laf.art
12-18-2007, 03:22 PM
really interesting painting. Laf

La_
12-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Hey Corvus, thanks, it's for sale ya know ; )

Thanks laf.art, appreciate your thoughts

la

KYRed
12-23-2007, 04:41 AM
It's cool. I love the dancer's figure and how she is stepping highly into the next move. But, hey. Untitled? Surely you were thinking of something while painting this. Be as creative in the title as the painting is.

La_
12-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey KYRed, I agree about 'untitled' as a title, it's lacking.

for here i chose 'untitled' so as not to influence ya'lls interpretation of what you saw. for display it'll probably be called 'black sheep' or something like that ... (desc. from above: it's of breaking free of the 'sheep' mentality, conformity, and allowing ones self to be, to have rhythm beyond one's normal heart beat ... most arn't capable somehow, but everyone is tempted, everyone feels it)

anyhoo, glad you like it, much glad yer another who demands a title!

la

creodont
12-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Hi La I see shadows behind curtains behind the main figure. Very mysterious. It also bothers me that they are hooded. Another dream sequence and quite thought provoking. What is going on in that mind of yours la. Well done and one to enter in shows...........John

La_
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey John, thanks muches. my hope is to provoke thought from viewers, to dare them to get inside a painting ... most don't, more interested in pretty little realities done painstakingly by the more patient than i. ahh, alas, the world is not always a pretty little place. it's challenging to find a balance.

so glad to have artists eyes and open minds here at WC!

la

BarbD
01-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi La,

I see is the hooded figures as having a part of themselves that wants to break free (as there is a slight suggestion of their dancing) but cannot (will not?) for whatever reasons. Only the one woman has been able to and does her own thing. I truly LOVE this painting. I related immediately to it. I think that "black sheep" is a good name for it, or something that haves a similar meaning.

All the best,
Barb

La_
01-01-2008, 02:48 PM
By George I think she's got it!

All the best backatcha Barb, and Thanks, much glad you LOVE it : )

La

gaensanger
01-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Great light, wonderful!