PDA

View Full Version : Input please - how's my new auction look?

timelady
06-14-2002, 08:24 AM
After that long thread the other week about the professionalism in auction listings I've revamped my listings (finally). Just went for a simple table of all the information - what does everyone think? I do have set payment and shipping policies and just wanted to set it out in a way that made me look reliable and trustworthy (yet still the nearly-young weird artist that I am). Put most of the info on my About Me page too, with top links for buyers to search for more art.

This system is easy because it's a nice copy and paste and I only have to change the top information for each auction.

Feedback please! :) Or share your listing looks...
Here's the link:
My aboutMe page (http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/tina-m-art/)

Tina.

P.S. I only just listed the auctions so I've put in my aboutme page link instead as the auctions won't appear in a search for a few hours. But they are listed on the about me page.

sue ellen
06-14-2002, 09:59 AM
wow! :D
impressive listings...i really like the look of your about me page and the clean lines of your listings. VERY professional presentation!

what listing service are you using?

~sue ellen

cagathoc
06-14-2002, 10:37 AM
outstanding! :clap:

CarlyHardy
06-14-2002, 12:25 PM
Tina!! It's looks fantastic...very professional, easy to read sections. You make me want to redo my stuff!

My only suggestion is...on the top of the ME page, put your link to your auctions in the first line instead of the third and add a line for your personal website. This way all the links will be at the top...easy to find.

If you don't mind my copying, I'll put those search lines on my ME page too!

carly

Maggie J
06-14-2002, 01:23 PM
I think it looks great too and sooooo professional.

I was in Greenwich the other day - I could have passed you in the street;)

timelady
06-14-2002, 02:11 PM
cool, good input so far. Listings are one of those weird things that I get blinkered about - I think it looks fine until I look at other peoples' and get jealous. :) I will re-order those top few links.

I don't use a listing service btw, I just set up the html myself in Dreamweaver and save the template. Then just copy in the new image URL and info for the top couple lines and copy/paste the whole html chunk into the description part of the auction. I actually opt to use the OLD eBay listing form because I find it easier with everything on one page and just copy and paste my little heart out. heehee.

Tina.

Sumafra
06-14-2002, 11:28 PM
Tina, congratulations, I like it very much. Now, I want to change mine too.

geckonia
06-15-2002, 01:44 AM
Wow, that's one of the best about me pages I've seen. You did a fantastic job. The weakest part is the [email protected] logo. Can you make your own logo for that?

arteitaliana
06-16-2002, 02:05 PM
Wonderful page Tina! I like it because is simple and well organized, it has all the infos people would want to know about you and your work but they do not crowd and compete with the most important thing: the image and its decription. I also like the fact the the art is a the very top of the description.

I wish you success with your auctions!

:)

mame
06-16-2002, 02:53 PM
Very professional, simple, concise.

Only thing I found was this misspelling

"I have been complemented on the accuracy of my digital images..." complemented s/b complimented.:D

Dave Carter
06-16-2002, 03:22 PM
Well done!

timelady
06-17-2002, 06:58 AM
haha, well I've never been complimented for my spelling! :D

I like the images at the top when I buy too, which is why I did it that way. For anyone who doesn't know how... I keep my images on my own website and do an image link at in html at the top of my description

img src="http://www.tina-m.com/ebay/name_of_my_pic.jpg"

All that in the pointy brackets of course. Then in the eBay image section I DON'T put my URL in the image box, I skip that. It's not needed because I've already put the link in my own html. I do paste the link into the gallery image box though. I have noticed on this last lot that ebay seems to have defaulted to put the image in anyway. I guess they pulled it in from my gallery image url? Strange.

I might email [email protected] again and ask if I can re-design a logo. I don't even mind if everyone uses it.

Tina.