PDA

View Full Version : English Cottage

L'Artiste
12-15-2007, 07:30 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-15-2007/118574_Eng._cottage.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: English Cottage
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is an imagined scene based on elements in several photos. I think it's finished but there are several parts I am not satisfied with, like the building roof. I have also fiddled with the color of the building from warm to cool and back to warm. It is not a strongly lit scene - I was after serenity rather than drama.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Comments any part of this painting are welcome!

MRSBB
12-15-2007, 08:45 PM
I think you have met you goal with this painting. It is very serene and looks like a place of comfort and renewal. I think your reflections are good and the water seems to pick up the colorful sky. Maybe a touch of shading in the closest tree up front. I say good job..........Lenore

Corby
12-15-2007, 09:12 PM
I agree with MRSBB' assessment of the painting, my only additional comment would be is that if you punch that foreground left up a bit in those trees, it will be awfully unbalanced unless you also give us some weight on the opposite side . Perhaps simply deepening the darker drift of water that already is there. It would take so very little to balance it, perhaps a very small willow on that middle tongue of land that sticks out into the water there, just a small touch of that same green and shape and texture... a very nice painting.

D.W. Flint
12-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Another winner as far as I'm concerned. You have a wonderful soft touch with the brush and the colors are great.:thumbsup: