PDA

View Full Version : No gallery image appearing?

Maggie J
06-14-2002, 03:13 AM
Just wondered if anyone else has had problems with their gallery image not appearing. Twice I've listed items and no little gallery pic has appeared even though I checked the gallery image box and put the url to my image (which I have since checked and it's fine) - I've been charged the gallery fee! so why no pic?

I've e.mailed eBay and am awaiting their response but I just wondered if it was just me? I'm annoyed because they were both fp auctions and you can't add a gallery pic when you revise (can you?). So I'd have to cancel and re-list and lose my fp fee. They'll probably say they'll refund the gallery fee but what I really want is my gallery pic there!
Any ideas folks?

Maggie

CarlyHardy
06-14-2002, 12:27 PM
I know others have had problems with the gallery pic this past week...so hopefully its just an ebay glitch. Keep sending them a message about the problem.
carly

dk_art
06-14-2002, 12:34 PM
When i put up my 19 items a few days ago, on my list the thumbnails at the bottom weren't showing for a few minutes, I right clicked and selected "reload" image and eventaully I got them. I think it was taking ebay a while to fabricate my thumbnails (i just use my large pic as the thumbnail as its easier ...and I imagine ebay constructs a smaller version).

Also, I had to delete 2 auctions as they had the same thumbnail as another auction ( which was probably my doing as mistakes happen). So I had these three thumbnails all the same but only one of the auctions was for that thumb. When I tried altering these 2 auctions, there was no place to change the thumbnail which really annoys me. You can alter everything else but not the thumbnail. I had to delete the auctions and put them back on :(

Anyway, perhaps if you reload the page when your on it, the thumbnails will show.

Maggie J
06-14-2002, 01:17 PM
I have checked today and after they last updated the listing page my listing image appeared and I checked the gallery and it's there too - no response to my e.mail so I presumed they made a mistake and have put it right! What I was getting before instead of the listing image was the little camera icon that you get if you elect not to have an image.

"(i just use my large pic as the thumbnail as its easier ...and I imagine ebay constructs a smaller version). "

- I do that too but I'm thinking of changing and making a special smaller version each time.

dk_art - sounds like you had a difficult time! it can be frustrating
Thanks for replies - at least I know I'm not alone with my computer rage:D

Sumafra
06-14-2002, 11:31 PM
This happened to me too a while back and like you, the next day all was fine. At first I thought it was me forgetting to tick the box but they were all ok the next day.

Paintbrush74
06-15-2002, 03:14 PM
The other day my galllery pic wasn't showing, and I found this page (http://webhelp.ebay.com/cgi-bin/eHNC/showdoc-ebay.tcl?docid=922&queryid=gallery_image). It tells you how to resubmit your pictures for gallery thumbnails. Sometimes they need to be resubmitted, and just waiting it out would not work in those cases.

Maggie J
06-17-2002, 12:18 PM
thanks for everyone's input - at least I know it isn't just me! Sumafra - the first time I thought the same as you - that I'd not ticked the box but as it happened again I made absolutely sure I checked that box - it's only happened with fp auctions strangely enough!

Thanks for the link paintbrush 74 - if it happens again I'll try what they say on that page - they didn't send me an e.mail to advise of any trouble with my image though.

I did get a reply to my e.mail but it just went on about how long it takes them to collate all the info for each block of listings and didn't answer my question at all! :rolleyes:

will see how it goes
Thanks for listening.
Maggie