PDA

View Full Version : Art Auction Fund Raiser a success

Netty
12-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Last night we had our art auction fund raiser where the proceeds of every painting sold went to a Bali orphanage. There were 25 artists , myself included,who exhibited 2 paintings each. It was a very successful night with all but about 2 paintings selling .
The wonderful success of the night will enable the orphanage to purchase a much needed water tank, so the children have fresh running water.....
It is good to know people are willing to dig deep for a worthy charity..

Annie:)

Paula Ford
12-14-2007, 07:26 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's wonderful Annie!!

Paula

Donna T
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
What a nice event to be a part of, Annie. It's good to know that there are generous people out there and all of you artists should be very proud.

Donna

CindyW
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Wow, Annie, what an uplifting story to read! Thanks for sharing....my troubles are so small compared to what these children live daily.
Cindy

Jo Castillo
12-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Congratulations. Good job for a good cause. :)

Jo

Bringer
12-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi Annie,

Those are great news for both sides. And especially for the children and my hope in the human race :-)
This year I entered an auction to help building a children's hospital.
Not a single work was purchased with exception of the winner that was bought by the gallery who presented the auction.
This shows how the portuguese people MUST be educated in order to put on their heads that helping others is not something to make us feel good about ourselves, but an «obligation». The next day we may be in the same situation or worst.

Kind regards,

José

CJMonty
12-14-2007, 11:13 PM
That's Fantastic News Netty :clap::clap::clap::thumbsup:

I hope all the money raised goes to the project itself. What a great idea to get a Rain Watertank.

Take Care. will drop a line soon.

Lots of Love Carolynn :):):heart::heart::heart:

RooGal
12-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Wonderful news Netty! We all appreciate the benefits a rainwater tank brings. I hope they get heaps of rain to fill it after it's put in. Kudos to all the artists and everyone else that helped make it possible.