PDA

View Full Version : Quality of SOME Frames Ordered Online

CindyW
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi all,
This is just a venting thread. I thought some might like to commiserate just for a minute with me. I'll get over it soon enough. ;)

I have ordered frames from a few different companies in the past and always there are frames that care isn't given to in their journey from their manufacturer to the online warehouse and then to me. I had a frame delivery arrive this past week and was greatly disappointed in the quality of just about all of the frames. The delivery packaging was fine quite thorough and could've withstood alot of bustling throughout transit. It was the frames themselves that had gouges in the wood, chips on edges, dents, scratches, (as well as defects in the wood stain), that showed me how little care is really taken in making sure frames are safely handled to avoid unnecessary damage enroute to the warehouse, inside the warehouse, and then packaged to be sent out to a customer. These marks really look avoidable so that is what is so frustrating...that others won't take the time to be a bit careful with wood. Now, what happens to all these frames returned? They have to be sold at a lower cost to someone who doesn't care about dents, etc., or to someone who doesn't mind refinishing them and taking the time involved with that. If just a little bit more time was taken with care in handling, there wouldn't be so much wasted time and effort afterwards having to return items, as well as major disappointment from customers who expect to get quality goods for items listed as such, not listed as seconds.
Oh well.....ok, I'm over it. Thanks for listening! :rolleyes:
Cindy

*Marina*
12-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Hpw frustrating Cindy. Just to have to repack it all and send it back. Would make me fuming.

PeggyB
12-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Not to mention they've lost not only you as a customer, but probably many others as well for if they treated even one order in this shabby manner, one could easily believe there are others just as badly treated.

I know it wouldn't be appropriate to state the name of the company here, but if anyone wants to know who it is, could they ask you in a private message?

Peggy

klord
12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi Cindy,

I had a similar experience with a well known catalog frame company. All the frames came in great packaging with no damage, but whomever put the frames together failed to properly join the corners, so when I tried to handle the frames they were wobbely and loose. Very frustrating! Just had to send them back and never used them again.

Good luck and sympathy to you!

Donna T
12-14-2007, 08:22 PM
That's a bummer, Cindy. I hope they are reimbursing you for the cost to return them. How weird that the packaging is good but the product isn't. Don't they know that we artists want to put out a quality product or are there enough artists out there that don't care? That's scary!

Donna

CindyW
12-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for your comments, Marina, Peggy, Kim, and Donna.
I'm in the midst of corresponding with the company so I'll let you know how it finally gets handled.
Uh huh, Marina. I had no energy to repack them all right after unpacking. Nice to see you, btw!
Peggy, I hate to think that any company would so blatantly send inferior damaged goods, especially an art supply company. I sincerely think they don't really know what happens in their warehouses, probably because they don't hold regular inspections in training their employees.....but a customer should not have to guess whether a company does train their employees properly....so I will see what comes of this transaction and how accomodating they are to my frustration and stress. I understand that there are non-artists working in warehouses who could really give 2 hoots about a scratch/dent/ding/chip that occurred from the way they carried the frame from one place to another but definitely the management should inform them about the absolute end customer...the one who won't give the artist's artwork a second glance because it's in a defective frame....the cost and time wasted in preventable damage is staggering.
Kim, thanks! Yah, I always have my eagle eye on the corners. I inspect frames for all sorts of damage and the corners are a huge plus if they are alligned and tight. That's what I look at first. Then I weigh the marks on the wood. And how frustrating it is when you are counting on frames in a timeframe for show deadlines...!!!
Donna, yes, the packaging was really fine, adequate. But, a warehouse nonartist would probably give me the finger as I pointed out their obvious lack of care. It could be that some artists would buy these without a second look but I think most every artist I know would not. These companies should be instructing their employees on the art of art. I hate to also think that we are considered so picky that we have a blank up our blanks but ya know...I am what I am and so is the customer I cater to. So, onward to find a decent frame company that isn't too expensive but delivers quality goods. I'll let you know how it all turns out.
I feel so much better already reading your comments...thanks, ladies!!!
Cindy

Bringer
12-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Hi Cindy,

Could I interest you on buying some used frames that I bought second hand ?

Kind regards,

José :-)

CindyW
12-15-2007, 08:26 AM
José,
THAT'S the ticket!
I shudda asked around first! :)

Cindy

DAK723
12-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Like most of us, I have been searching for inexpensive frames online, knowing how much it costs to get something framed at a store. Unfortunately, my experiences have not been too positive and I am learning that -in framing, as in many other things - cheap means cheap and you end up paying more than if you just spent the money on quality in the first place.

I ordered two $20 dollar frames and returned both (from Dick Blick). They were just not well made and unacceptable for presentation. Refund was quick and easy, but I did have to pay return postage (which turned out to be almost as much as one of the frames). Decided to skip the cheapest frames and went up to a $35 frame from PictureFrames.com. This one worked out pretty well, but again, the workmanship is not the greatest. Have ordered metal frames (for photos) from Picture Frames and they were fine, but had a wood frame that had some of the finish rubbing off by the time I got the picture in the frame.

Anyone with some inexpensive framing success stories - let us know!

Don

chewie
12-16-2007, 12:10 AM
yeah, i go thru florida frames, super service, and i like the selection. i did have one place, can't even remember the name right now (really really tired!) they made it look as if their frames were nice wood when in reality, on arrival, i see they were nothing but cheapo composite. now, sometimes i do use those types, but when its made to look like real wood in the catalog and in the wording, then you get otherwise i was not happy! it was like those cheapo pencils i avoid, all plasticy looking, the frames are dreadfully heavy from this stuff, they chip very easily, and then the 'pretty topping' is nothing more than glorified shelf paper!! ugh! so now i go thru where i know i'm safe--florida frames.

Dot Hoffman
12-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Chewie, others have mentioned Florida Frames. Can you give us an idea of their prices? I went to their website and see you have to order a minimum of $125, and wonder what you can get for that............

Bringer
12-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi,

I have a frame bought at DickBlick (travelled from Mexico to USA and then to Portugal). It arrived ok and it looks good.
Of course that I would be lying if I said it has the finish of a 100 dollars frame, but it has a nice look.
I guess that it may depend on the chosen model. However maybe the retailers should look careful when choosing their suppliers.
The one I bought was this one http://www.dickblick.com/zz170/01/ I guess.
Or something very like it.

Kind regards,

José

MChesleyJohnson
12-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I've had great luck with King of Frame (http://www.kingofframe.com/) and, here in Canada, Classic Gallery Framing (www.classicgalleryframing.com).

Some of my colleagues really like Manny's of Denver (http://www.mannysofdenver.com/).

Deborah Secor
12-16-2007, 05:48 PM
One of my students gets the Plein Air frames from www.aswexpress.com. (Go to frames and then find plein air.) She tells me service is good, and she doesn't pay shipping because she usually takes advantage of a sale and stocks up. I've seen the gold ones and they're not chipped or dented, they have decent corners on the 16x20 and smaller ones. (I haven't seen the larger ones.) She's just starting out as a pro, is selling very, very well, and doesn't want to break the bank with the cost of framing, so she uses spacers and these wide frames. They look good, but I can't vouch for them personally.

Deborah

dvantuyl
12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
From reading all of the reply's it seems like we all have similar experiences and concerns with frames. I have tried three different companies. I am looking for a simple frame with a warm silver finish. Pure silver is much to cool. Gold frames seem very bold and bright to me. Finally I found a frame I like AND can afford at American Frames. It is in the wood section under "Allure". I like number 800065. The cost for 18" x 22" is $39.80. I am using spacers and AR glass. All of the frames have shipped well and hold up well in the gallery. Some of the other frames at American Frame do seem very badly made so I guess it really depends on how rugged the individual molding is from the start.

Frames that I bought from one of the other companies chipped easily, they cost less, but I ended up having to replace them after a show.

Chewie, WOW, I just looked at Florida Frames and liked what I see. I signed up for a quote of the Silver Plein Aire frame.

Thank you everyone for all the information. This was a great topic. :clap:

Donna

CindyW
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I'm checking out the suggested sites I haven't been to before.

Deborah, I do like those pleinair frames from ASWexpress...I've bought the gold, silver, and black pleinair frames on sale. Most were good quality but I did have a couple that were sent with dents and chips and split corners. Ordering online sales items seems to be a hit or miss and it is aggravating to have to box up and return the damaged defective goods but the sale is so enticing. Nice quality of that particular gold frame, overall, and I'm thinking I got the same one as they don't have a big selection of pleinairs. I especially like frames that don't show joining lines in the corners and those don't.

Well, the company is replacing all the frames by second week in January and sending me pick up slips for shipping the damaged frames back to them. And if that second shipment is defective, well, then, they'll take them back, credit me my total cost, and we'll call it a day. Then I'll search for another frame company online as well as check out all your suggestions.

Cindy

maggie latham
12-19-2007, 05:11 AM
:) Hello everyone,
I too have tried a lot of online framing companies…and some packages arrive in really bad shape. Plus you have no idea about Quality when you are looking at a picture on your computer screen.

Living here in South Florida, I have been using Florida Frames for many years. If you have a resale tax certificate (if you are set up as a sole proprietor or small business) they offer good wholesale pricing. Everything is custom cut, so you do need to know exactly which style you like and sizing, as the frames can’t be returned unless they are damaged. Goods take a bumping to get to where I live, so I appreciate the extra packaging FF use.

Of course you have to pay a lot for the shipping, but you include that cost in the frame and pass it on t the customer. I have certain styles I use which are less expensive for quick studies, giclee prints and small originals, and a much more expensive frame I use for shows, and more serious work. I used to have a large studio so used to order 6 of the same frame style and size….. in various sizes…and store them until I needed them. This is the most cost effective way as you get price breaks when ordering large quantities.
I buy glass locally cut to size, as I need it so that it doesn’t have to hang around for a long time. I invested in a point driver, archival backing sheets, foam core, coated wire & wire hooks and a double-sided tape gun. It is a bit expensive to set yourself up to do your own framing, but if you have the aptitude and are careful about dust etc, it pays in the long run because you have control over your framing production.
Now that I don’t have a studio any more, I wait until I have several of the same size original which needs framing (I use standard size mats….so my work looks uniform when hung together)..... I store originals in their mats between sheets of card or glassine, then order 6 frames at a time along with the glass, that way I still get a price break and have met the minimum requirement of purchasing at wholesale pricing.
Some of the most important things I realized early on when I started doing my own framing:

1. Use standard mat sizes
2. Pick two or three frame styles and stick with them.
3. Invest in some good framing equipment (such as a point driver)…it pays in the long run.
4. Buy the best quality mats, backing paper and frames you can afford, as it will show I the final framing job. Cheap materials look cheap and will cheapen even the most beautiful painting.

Hope this has been helpful
Maggie

dvantuyl
12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Maggie,

Florida Frames came back with a quote for a frame I liked and the price was great. Now they are going to send me samples of some styles. So far they have been very affordable, helpful and friendly.

It sounds like you have worked this out in a very organized fashion. I have a very similar operation, the only difference is that instead of using a point driver, I am using tab screws. This enables me to change out paintings as I see fit. For some reason I have developed an aversion to those little pointy things.

Donna Van Tuyl

PeggyB
12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Once I quit working at the gallery where we did framing, I was shocked to learn the "real" price of frames! That was in 1997. At that time there weren't as many businesses on line, and the first catalogue I picked up just happened to be American Frame. I've tried others on occassion, but always return to American Frame. As Donna said, they have quality products, and I've never received a damaged frame from them. Since I prefer a deep rabbet, the frames I choose are usually a bit heavier so that may be why they don't dent or chip so easily. Donna I've been looking at that new Allure line of frames so thanks for confirming what I suspected - they are nice and number 800065 is as it appears on my monitor - warm silver - exactly what I too have been wanting for one of my paintings.

Now I'll have to look up Florida Frames...

Peggy

PS Since the gallery closed about 2 1/2 years ago, I was able to buy the vacuum press, professional glass & board cutter (wall mounted) and pro mat cutter for a very good price. The vacuum press makes it even easier to create nice linen wrapped mats! I could order length moulding as my husband has the correct saw, but then I'd have to figure out what to do with all the "tails" of length. I remember my old boss/friend's garage was so full of moulding of all lengths that no car ever ever saw the inside of that garage in the about 20 years they lived there!

dvantuyl
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
After reading Peggy's post. I got to thinking and wondering why I am looking for another place to buy frames. It is true that American Frame has a frame I like and it is affordable. I am looking for two reasons. First because I don't like there website. If I am looking for a warm silverish frame I have to go to all these different places and look and look. It would be like going to the store to buy apples and each brand and variety of apple was located in a different room with the door closed. You have to go in and look in a room where they might not even have what you want. Florida Frames actually has a very nice website where I can pick "silver" and go look at silver frames!

The next reason is reliablity. Once I get a frame idea I would like to stick with it for awhile. The last frame I had is now back ordered until March 08.

Thanks Peggy for your input on American Frame. They have been great, wish they would change the website.

PeggyB
12-19-2007, 05:54 PM
After reading Peggy's post. I got to thinking and wondering why I am looking for another place to buy frames. It is true that American Frame has a frame I like and it is affordable. I am looking for two reasons. First because I don't like there website. If I am looking for a warm silverish frame I have to go to all these different places and look and look. It would be like going to the store to buy apples and each brand and variety of apple was located in a different room with the door closed. You have to go in and look in a room where they might not even have what you want. Florida Frames actually has a very nice website where I can pick "silver" and go look at silver frames!

The next reason is reliablity. Once I get a frame idea I would like to stick with it for awhile. The last frame I had is now back ordered until March 08.

Thanks Peggy for your input on American Frame. They have been great, wish they would change the website.

Donna I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. I just went to American Frames site, and there right on the front page you can select as option to search all wooden or metal frames. If you select wood, another box pops up and you can select any or all of the various styles of frames, and then the finish you are looking for (silver in this case). Then you can even narrow it further by price or width or depth of rabbet, etc. Once you've made your choices, all of those that fit your criteria are displayed. I like the option to select only certain styles & widths of frames and finishes rather than having to look at all the styles & widths in a particular finish.

Back orders can be frustrating, but I suspect that can happen to any supplier at any time. So far I've not had that happen at American Frames.

If you are wondering if a frame is warm or cool silver - since it isn't always apparent on a monitor - you can call them directly and ask. That was the method I originally used when ordering from American Frame.

Peggy

dvantuyl
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I feel so silly, you are right. Wow the things I learn here on this forum.

PeggyB
12-19-2007, 07:13 PM
I feel so silly, you are right. Wow the things I learn here on this forum.

:lol: Don't worry about it - been there done that myself. Isn't this forum the greatest for useful information and cheerful sharing? :D

Peggy

maggie latham
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Peggy,
Wow! What a fantastic equipment setup you have.:)
Maggie

painterbear
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
If you shop at americanframes.com, you can order sets of sample pieces of frames you may be thinking of ordering. I've gotten several sets of these sample pieces.

I haven't ordered any wood frames from them because I like the looks of the metal ones with my watercolor paintings, but I've always been pleased with what I've received. They come in separate pieces and I put them together myself so I make sure the corners are fit together neatly and cleanly and they are cut so nicely that they look very good when I finish.

Sylvia

dvantuyl
12-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

The other day (after reading this thread) I called Florida Frame and asked for some samples and a price list. They just came in the mail. Peggy, I can tell you that they sent me a sample that is very similar to the Allure from American Frame. From the price list it looks to me like I can get it for a significant amout less than American. So I am very excited, we will see how it all works out. The number of the frame that is similar is 814. The Allure is 1/2 inch wider than the one from Florida, but I don't care.

more later....

PeggyB
12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

The other day (after reading this thread) I called Florida Frame and asked for some samples and a price list. They just came in the mail. Peggy, I can tell you that they sent me a sample that is very similar to the Allure from American Frame. From the price list it looks to me like I can get it for a significant amout less than American. So I am very excited, we will see how it all works out. The number of the frame that is similar is 814. The Allure is 1/2 inch wider than the one from Florida, but I don't care.

more later....

Wow Donna - thanks for the info. I wouldn't be upset by a narrower frame either for the painting I have in mind. Hopefully the shipping fee won't be so great that it negates the savings. Shipping from Florida to Washington state can be pretty spendy.

Peggy

thaumael
12-25-2007, 12:15 PM
i used to be a custom framer at Michaels arts and crafts, not only did frames come in dented and scratched like that they would sometimes come in a whole half inch too big or too small and in the case of stacked mouldings sometimes one of the two pieces wouldnt fit together. these are all common problems with frames. all i can say is send it back and re-order them

Snowbound
12-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all the info, you guys. I'm ready to get beyond gallery frames and looking at sources of frames with a deep enough rabbet for pastels!

Two things I like about American Frame website: I can get an idea of how the frame would look with the artwork I want to frame, though the process is tedious and not smooth, and I can see right away what the cost will be. I really like what Florida has to offer, though, and will be contacting them for a quote.

I have a question: Has anyone here dealt with Tara Frames? The frames look good, and they have a separate discount website for closeouts and odd sizes, etc. I'm thinking of ordering a few just to see how they are, but would be interested in hearing if anyone else has any experience with them.

Dayle Ann

CindyW
12-26-2007, 11:01 PM
I have a question: Has anyone here dealt with Tara Frames? The frames look good, and they have a separate discount website for closeouts and odd sizes, etc. I'm thinking of ordering a few just to see how they are, but would be interested in hearing if anyone else has any experience with them.

Dayle Ann
Hi Dayle Ann,
I did order about 20 Tara frames in sizes from 8x12 up to 20x30 from a retail store, A.C. Moore, a year and a half ago, and stocked up one particular style in a couple different stain colors during a fantastic sale. It was pretty sturdy frame and the quality was great and I've used most of them with satisfaction. I was able to pick them up at the store and I informed the store clerk I would be inspecting each frame before I bought it. This all turned out great.
Then, I thought, after a couple months, that I would buy from Tara directly. I emailed the company and the owner took a look at my website but decided in very vague terms in his reply (not fair to him but I can't recall what his exact words were and that email has long since been deleted) that I seemed not to be really exactly who they look for as a direct customer (a career fine artist?) so therefore he suggested I continue to buy through A.C.Moore or stores like that. I thanked him in a return email and said that maybe one day I could be a REAL artist, that was indeed my goal. Since that email I have gone to other frame companies. But, good luck if you decide to buy from them, you may be deemed a real artist. :thumbsup:
Cindy

Deborah Secor
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Cindy, I looked at the Tara website and saw this:
We sell wholesale to the trade only. A valid resale tax number or a signed tax exempt form on file is required before we will process a transaction.
Was that what he was talking about? Or something else?

Deborah

CindyW
12-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Cindy, I looked at the Tara website and saw this:

Was that what he was talking about? Or something else?

Deborah

Deborah,
It may have been this, it's been so long ago...so I humbly retract my silly last statement, which is mostly what I can remember thinking after reading the response email. I'm sure they are a great company to deal with. I just didn't get further than this....and most likely didn't fit the criteria. My apologies sincerely.
I did email my website/artwork but didn't have prices online so I'm sure it looked like I wasn't a fine artist in the real sense of the word....where I get my total income from selling my fine art. Which was true, I didn't.
I still have much to learn about this fine art business so my ignorance in this is quite evident. :rolleyes:
And I want to clarify again that the frames I bought from Tara were great! And now that Dayle Ann has said they have a separate discounts website, I will check them out again.

Cindy

Snowbound
12-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Tara's regular site is clear that their trade is wholesale to professional framers and resellers. But the "outlet" website is separate and set up differently. I was primarily interested in the quality of the frames, as the outlet has some good deals (you have to move fast, though!). So that is good news, Cindy-- thanks!

Here's the link for anyone else interested in taking a look:
http://www.clearanceframes.com/en/

Dayle Ann

CindyW
12-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Tara's regular site is clear that their trade is wholesale to professional framers and resellers.
Yah, I am sure I didn't give the site a very thorough looking over back then, very newbie of me......if I recall, I found their email and wrote them a note asking about buying from them directly without much research of their site.

Thanks, Deborah, for setting me straight on what the rejection most likely was. Funny how sometimes one thought overrides many others in that way.

So that is good news, Cindy-- thanks!
Here's the link for anyone else interested in taking a look:
http://www.clearanceframes.com/en/
Dayle Ann
Yes, the frames that I purchased were of good solid quality. But, I also picked over the ones I saw at the store so I was able to select carefully and thoroughly. I don't think there were too many with defects and what defects there were, were not significant as the picking over of them didn't take very long, as I am thinking back....the corners of this style were strong and tight. I hope all is well with online ordering of them for you.
Cindy

formerlyunknownart
12-27-2007, 01:27 PM
I had a great experience with matshop.com (matshop.ca) here in Canada. They have a wearhouse in Victoria so I got my goods within the week. I ordered wood and metal frames and was happy with the quality. I love that they have a "mat-o-matic" function on their site. You can upload a file of your art and play around with the mat colour and frames to see what it would look like first. That function alone is great for if you do your own matting. You can get an idea of what would look good before pulling out all your matt board and matching it up in your studio. I hate doing that because inevitably I'll accendently get pastel on the matt board. :(

PeggyB
12-28-2007, 02:36 AM
I had a great experience with matshop.com (matshop.ca) here in Canada. They have a wearhouse in Victoria so I got my goods within the week. I ordered wood and metal frames and was happy with the quality. I love that they have a "mat-o-matic" function on their site. You can upload a file of your art and play around with the mat colour and frames to see what it would look like first. That function alone is great for if you do your own matting. You can get an idea of what would look good before pulling out all your matt board and matching it up in your studio. I hate doing that because inevitably I'll accendently get pastel on the matt board. :(

Melanie, have you thought about using some of your scrap matboard to cut "corners" to use when deciding what color you want on the artwork? Or some places will sell you already made corners. That way you can keep your matboard clean of pastel dust. I suggest using either a 6 or 8 inch squares and cutting a two sided "mat board" that's about 3 inches wide - like those you see at framing shops. If they get a bit dusty, often you can erase the dust with a white eraser well enough to use for mat selection.

Peggy

Donna A
12-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Great idea, Peggy! In fact, you've had a whole lot of them! Just catching up on this thread and so much great info from a lot of folks. Good reading! Thanks, all! Take good care! Donna ;-}

dvantuyl
02-01-2008, 09:41 PM
An update on Florida Frames. I received a shipment today, my first from Florida Frames. They came through in great shape and were packaged very well, lots of packing and padding.

Price wise I saved money. The shipping was twice as much as America Frames, but with the saving on the price of frames I saved $40.00.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to supply more detail, but from now on I am buying from Florida!

Snowbound
02-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Donna, how many frames did you buy, and which styles? I've so far not ordered frames, so am interested in your experience. I have about 8 or 10 things I'd like to frame in decent frames, but I am leery about ordering blind and have been putting it off. I also like the looks of Florida Frames, and other people's good experiences are reassuring. Email or PM me with details if you'd like.

Dayle Ann

Kathryn Wilson
02-03-2008, 11:12 AM
I've been fortunate in that I can go to a Jerry's retail store and pick up frames - BUT, I did have occasion to order from Pictureframes.com and had a good experience with them. A client wanted a real nice frame, so I plopped in a digital of the painting into a variety of frames online and emailed the links to him. He picked out a wonderful frame, it came well packaged and he was delighted with it.

I have not compared prices or shipping - just wanted to share a good experience.

Snowbound
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Katherine. I did have a great response from them when I called about getting a sample so I could be sure the colors would work. They sent me a 4 inch length of molding, no shipping costs, plenty to see how it would look with the painting. I'm glad to hear your experience, think I'll go ahead and order the frame. (Now have to figure out the rest!)

Dayle Ann

dvantuyl
02-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Donna, how many frames did you buy, and which styles? I've so far not ordered frames, so am interested in your experience. I have about 8 or 10 things I'd like to frame in decent frames, but I am leery about ordering blind and have been putting it off. I also like the looks of Florida Frames, and other people's good experiences are reassuring. Email or PM me with details if you'd like.

Dayle Ann

Hi Dayle, I ordered seven frames bacause I had glass for that number. I keep my work in kind of a standard size so that I can change them out easily if I decide something is not worthy. Florida Frames sent me some molding samples and then I decided on the one I like which is number 814. I try to keep things simple and stick with one frame style for awhile. My work is all landscape and I find that this style "goes" with my work. Hope this helps let me know if you have any more questions.

CindyW
02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi,
Just an update.
The original company I vented about did not ship a new replacement reorder once they received the first damaged order back, as they told me they would do. They credited the amount back to my credit card and said that if I wanted to reorder it again online I could do that.
I decided to call it a day.
I found another company, called Frame Destination (they generally cater to the photography field), and they have comparable prices for this one style I wanted (which is a simple black gallery frame, thin in width, 1", and wider on the side, 1 1/4"). They pride themselves on a quality product with a very low percentage of returns for damaged goods (less than 1%) and I found this to be true. The frames were delivered in great condition, no gouges, no seconds claiming to be top quality, and so far, I can give them 5 stars.
I have another order coming in from them and I have high hopes that all the frames will be in great shape, if this first order is any indication.
I'll let you know!
Cindy