GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: portrait of a bloodhound
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 5 X 7
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a bloodhound from the wonderful reference photos WetCanvas provides. Thank you k9artist for the inspiration. <br><br><br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
The actual background of rag is cream – don’t know why the color is different in the photo as the color of the dog is unaltered. Any comments or critiques are welcome as I am thinking of using this as a sample for pet portraits? Much appreciated.

kathrynlovespets
12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
good placement on canvas and colors
it could use a bit more detail, but likable as is

Stillrush
12-14-2007, 04:28 PM
I think your bloodhound is adorable, and I want to kiss his wrinkly little cheeks! I also like to paint animals, and I think you detailed exactly what you were trying to: the wrinkly face and the kind eyes of the world's best sniffer.

Candices_Creations
12-14-2007, 06:26 PM
OH , I love his wrinkles...what a sad face..even when he's happy! I have a passion for painting animals and I think you did a great job capturing his expression. Thank you for sharing :thumbsup:

MRSBB
12-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi Lunchbox........Oh how nice. I think this pooch must be begging for something off the dinner table. He has those sad eyes, how could you resist......Good job.......Lenore

D.W. Flint
12-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Very nice indeed. I like the color combinations. Shows off the dog very well.

Shandiin
12-14-2007, 08:45 PM
He's a very handsome dog! I love the sad eyes. One suggestion I have is to slowly fade out the colors of his neck or have scattered and undefined brush marks instead of stopping so abruptly. Another is to give him a few more highlights on his wrinkles, nose and along his forehead, other than that you did a great job! ♥

Corby
12-14-2007, 10:11 PM
wonderful job! We had two of these guys "Bones and Prunella"

allanom
12-15-2007, 03:54 AM
Such presence. Very regal.

lunchbox
12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Ya’ll made me laugh – “wrinkly little cheeks”, Bones and Prunella – great names – thank you all for the suggestions and comments – well said and helpful – happy painting…

ejtupi
12-15-2007, 07:47 PM
My only exposure to this breed surprised me: they seem unflappable (that's not a pun) even when they find an interesting scent. I never think of them as having sad eyes; rather, they seem unconcerned about the trivial things. What a great portrait.