GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: still life
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Something I put together today just to see ifI could do it. Tu<br>ed out pretty well I think. Sides are cut off with camera.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just want to know what you think about it, any and all feedback

graymare
12-13-2007, 09:49 PM
It's beautiful.

kathrynlovespets
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
all I have to say is thank you. This is beautiful..I love the light behind the flowers in the upper right, next to the dark on the left...very decorative and pretty...

tonyjazz
12-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Qeenbee: This has a beautiful impressionistic look that works very well. I really enjoy the use of the dual toned background. The lighting works very well. If I had to knit pic something it would be the on the larger flower on the top. The grays give it a look unlike a flower, next to that beautifully lite yellow one, an easy fix. Something about the gray that just distracts me from the rest of this fine painting! Perhaps the same lighting and color technique you used on the one next to it would really spice this up......tj

Very Good looking still life!

qeenbee
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
:clap: :clap: Thanks guys, I don't normally do this type of picture but it was fun and turned out well. I have only been painting for two years and trying my hand at everything to see what works. thanks again:wave:

Corby
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
very classy! It is worthy of being given an especially nice (expensive) frame and hung in a spot of honor.

qeenbee
12-14-2007, 02:15 PM
:heart: :music: I will do that. Thanks again

D.W. Flint
12-14-2007, 11:18 PM
I've got to get my two cents worth in. I like it just as is. The arrangement seems to envelope you right among the flowers. That's what I like most about it.

allanom
12-15-2007, 03:51 AM
It works well as an abstract, but is a bit confusing and unfocused as a still life, for me. Maybe that's its charm.

ejtupi
12-15-2007, 05:13 AM
The S-shape of the composition is wonderful. It steers this away from being a forced juxtaposition for the sake of creating an arrangement for a painting. I enjoyed following the lines through this one. Very nice.

qeenbee
12-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments.:) Maybe I should do more of these as this was completely unforced and relatively easy. AND everyone seems to like it.

allanom
12-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Maybe I should do more of these as this was completely unforced and relatively easy. AND everyone seems to like it.

Maybe good reasons to make art with commercial intentions, but you will grow more as an artist if the work challenges YOU and challenges the VIEWER. But it is nice to take an "easy" break at times...:O))