PDA

View Full Version : Mt Vison Pastel Special right now!

Laura Brito
06-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I just ordered 25 Mt Vision Pastels, they are large chunky, and handmade, I got my box today! and I have to tell everyone here I am thrilled at the selection. I picked mostly darks and Yellow with greens. He is running a special this month, where with whatever special you order you will get extras, well guess how many extras he sent me! 13!!! I can't believe it! They are so nice, the Extras are smaller than the regular size, but good grief! I only expected maybe 3 or 4!!!! You should try these out, they are wonderful! He even sent me ones he would like feedback on! It is just great!

I gotta go try these out....so much fun!!!

Laura

Rick R
06-13-2002, 05:53 PM
Link:

http://www.handmadepastels.com/index.htm

stealth
06-15-2002, 09:47 PM
thank's for the info laura,please post your painting so we can have a chance to see how they look,can you tell us how they compare in softness to other brand's.

Laura Brito
06-15-2002, 10:40 PM
Ugg! I tried to post a picture that was 640 x 480 and it wouldn't take it because it has to be smaller....I lost the large message I had wrote!

Here is goes again!

I really like these pastels, I found that the darker colors for the most part are harder and the lighter are softer, not always but mostly. They go on real nice, I seem to be able to be more painterly with these than my reimbrandts or schmidcts (I can't spell, sorry), They are very nice and intense and I know I will probably end up using most these in the long run, I usually break my pastels in half or thirds, these I broke in half, they break real easy compared to the commercial types because my understanding is they have less binder in them than commercial ones.

I am not real experienced with pastels and am learning, but I do like to have good materials. This is about my 5th painting with pastels and it has been approx 20 years since I have done any art in paints, pastels, pencil, I have been a hot glass artist for the last 16 years.

Let me know what you think

Thanks
Laura

Laura Brito
06-15-2002, 10:42 PM
Here is a closeup of the picture.

Laura

stealth
06-16-2002, 12:37 PM
nice painting,the color's look very vibrant.are you familiar with harley brown?his from tucson arizona also,a great pastel artist,i was wondering if he still teaches workshops?

Laura Brito
06-16-2002, 12:53 PM
No I am not familiar with him! That is exciting to possibly have someone here, I will try and find out more aobut him. I am working on this painting right now I am not happy with the yellow background I have and I am using photoshop to play arond with the background to see what I can do to make it alot nicer.

Any suggetsions?

Thanks
Laura

stealth
06-17-2002, 12:53 PM
one possibility would be to make the background the sky.harley brown has a bokk out titled harley brown's eternal truths for every artist,it's well worth the money.if you can locate him in your town please let me know if he teaches workshops,thank you.