GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Untitled
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Previous picture didn't seem to load, though dimensions were correct.<br><br>Self portrait for class. Not finished, desperately need critiquing. Thanks for your help.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any opinions welcome. 1st year of painting. 4th oil painting ever. Still lea<br>ing. Please consider:) Thanks.

KreativeK
12-12-2007, 03:52 PM
:clap: Bravo Anonymous on your oil painting self portrait! It is well done. The only comment I have is what is the striped shape behind the head? Is it a shirt? Maybe I would connect that shape to the top of the canvas, or include a line drawing of a wire coat hanger from the top...something to show that it is a bedroom of a woman. Just IMHO. A great one here and it is your 4th! Super work! :cat:

hellocalamity
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Well, the whole thing started as a blind contour, and developed into a painting from there. The initial plan was to leave part of the painting a bit undeveloped, as the whole style is painterly and quirky, anyway. But in this case, it doesn't really lend to the painting, I think. The striped part was a bed frame that I never painted. But it's hard to tell that it's a bed frame, anyway. I've had conflicting suggestions on whether or not to paint it. I think I'm going to develop the rest of the painting, anyway, because obviously it's difficult to tell what it is.

I appreciate your feedback so much. Thank you for taking the time to help me! You have been great.

MRSBB
12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I really like this, you have a lot of talent. fantastic job...Keep having fun............Lenore