PDA

View Full Version : Flaunting her Fruit WIP

Brush Lady
12-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Hello

This WIP is watercolour on 300 lb paper - using the full sheet. At this stage I'm not producing what's in my head so it may change a lot as I work it. All suggestions welcome. I'm considering using acrylic to rework the face and hair however I want to finish the fruit first. Should I start over or is this workable? The white areas will be filled in with blueberries, grapes, and strawberries. :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2007/110115-FlauntingFruit.jpg

painterbear
12-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Dolores,
This is an interesting idea for a painting. It reminds me of Carmine Miranda only she wore her fruit piled high on her head. :lol:

I like what you've done so far with the dress. It looks sparkly and shiney. Try lifting some areas in the black part that would show gently curves in the material like drapery.

What kind of background will you use behind her?
Sylvia

Brush Lady
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks for your comments Sylvia. I'll try the lifting on the dress to see if I can get the draping effect. I have a light background now and am trying to decide just what to do with it.

ranunkel
12-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm considering using acrylic to rework the face and hair
I think you should try to finish her as she is.
The light is coming from the left so you should try to give her some darker shadows on the right side of her face to shape her. I also think it will help on her hair if you gave her a few high light on the left side her braid.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2007/18189-110115-FlauntingFruit-shadow.jpg

Hope it's ok I painted on your painting to show you what I mean.

KreativeK
12-13-2007, 05:37 PM
:thumbsup: I like it Dolores, just do the bg and your other filling in and should be done. This is unique! What color were you intending for the bg?

JudiPatooti
12-15-2007, 01:06 AM
I like the concept very much, very creative idea. You didn't mention what your original vision was, so its difficult to know if you're heading in the right direction, as you say. I know for sure that you have a lot of patience! Painting all those little pieces of fruit proves that beyond a doubt!! :)

Judi

Brush Lady
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I worked on the painting again tonight and Ranunkel thanks so much for your help. I can see from what you added that it will make a big difference. As for the background - hopefully something will come to mind after I finish all the fruit.
Have a holly, jolly Christmas all.

Dolores