PDA

View Full Version : Gallery requested some of my OP's!

ElleZee
12-11-2007, 11:16 AM
I received a phone call on the weekend from the owner of a small gallery who came across my work on the web site of an artist co-op that I am involved with. She requested I bring down a few select pieces to hang in her gallery. I am quite happy about this, the gallery is located in the "artsy" part of Winnipeg's Exchange District. It is a very unique part of the city that has many old heritage buildings and has become renowned for it's use in movie sets (a Brad Pitt movie was shot down there), live threatre festivals, art galleries and artists studios. She mentioned that she does not accept all artists and looks for certain uniqueness. One reason she selected my work is my style and medium are not competing with anyone else in the gallery...and she thinks it will sell. Yay...to the fact OP's are different!!!

Here are the three op pieces selected. She also selected one of my acrylic paintings as well.

wabbitt
12-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Woohoo! Congratulations and good luck with the sales. I love those flowers. How big are these?

AnnieA
12-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Lori: Congratulations! :thumbsup: Those are beautiful pieces and it sounds like the gallery will be a great venue to get visibility for your work. And how wonderful that the gallery owner contacted you - it's a nice endorsement on the quality of your work. Keep us updated on this and best wishes for a successful showing.

sundiver
12-11-2007, 12:17 PM
All right!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Go opies!

Geoff
12-11-2007, 12:21 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: yipeeee, good for you and the cause of op'ies......

LJW
12-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Well done, Lori. :clap: I'm so happy to hear that she wanted your OPs for the gallery, and how great to have someone call you after seeing your work. Sounds like a great location. :thumbsup: Jane

starblue
12-11-2007, 04:32 PM
The gallery owner contacted you to display your work in the arts hot spot of town? You sound like you're on your way, congrats!

eyepaint
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Congratulations! :)

Pat Isaac
12-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Awesome, Lori. Here's to your success and many sales. these are beautiful pieces. A toast..http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2007/35760-85002-champagne_toast.gif

Pat

ElleZee
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone! I am quite excited.....of course it is a consignment situation...but it sounds like she is quite certain they will sell. She only has so much room and doesn't want an overlap of style, etc. She has been in business for two years, so it's not an old estabished gallery...but it's not just opening either.

The sizes of my pieces are rather small....the sunflower piece "Reach" is 5x7, the "Farmers House" is 4"x6" and the coneflower piece "Three of a Kind", is an ATC 2.5"x3.5" all are done on mat board and with Holbein and Sennelier artist quality op's.

Now, hopefully she likes them in real life and I get in. I meet with her on Saturday afternoon....and then I hope they sell :cat:

Plus it is in the hub of the art activity...so I will get to meet many other cool interesting artists.

Pat Isaac
12-12-2007, 10:21 AM
This is so exciting.....please keep us updated....

Pat

Paulafv
12-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Congratulations and good luck for a sunny future.

Paula