PDA

View Full Version : Portrait Sketch

billmahler
12-10-2007, 09:27 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-10-2007/111636_portraitsketch2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Portrait Sketch
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8X8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I'm trying to adapt my loose style from florals to portraits and figures for a while. <br>This is not a WIP, it's finished, and on to the next one.<br>I've been trying to hold my paper and the reference upside down and after some adjustment it seems to be working.<br><br><br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Does the loose style work for people, or am I making this lovely young lady look like a hardened criminal?<br>

Corby
12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
no Bill, it seems quite successful to me. It does have a slight sense of being wider than it should be...but sometimes the post itself does that for some reason. Even in grayscale this is fabulous!

creodont
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Bill even lovely young beautiful ladies like the one that modeled for you can have a diabolical intent on taking over the world or ruining some poor boys heart. Notice the shifty eyes of a cat waiting to pounce on her prey or the sinister half smile masking evil merriment I would be very careful of this one bill. OHHHHHHH this is a picture of my mom I,m looking at. Better call her and see on how she who must be obeyed is doing. Your picture Bill is quite nice and charming. The hair has a nice tossed look to it and your loose style goes well with the human form.............John

D.W. Flint
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Very nice job Bill, I like it as it is. I tried that upside down business once. It messes with your mind does'nt it. Yours turned out good though.

tony1
12-11-2007, 08:25 AM
This works fine. I like this style in portraits/figures. I see a very calm expression, but with no reference I can't tell if that's what you intended. Regardless, I think this is a great direction and look forward your style moving to other subjects.

billmahler
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks all for your encouragement.
On to more!