PDA

View Full Version : portrait of Andrea

Alessandra Rosi
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Hi !
This is the portrait of Andrea, my photographer friend's son.

She commissioned it to me, and then hung it on her studio, as a free publicity for me; as a result, I already got 3 commissions from her clients, and others are asking...

this is great, because I get good exposure, it's a mutual business since she's taking the photos for the portraits, and for me, besides getting exposure and commissions, there's the additional benefit to be working from good photos....

I just wanted to share this idea with you, it really is an interesting , inexpensive and easy way of getting known!
By the way, this portrait is done on fabriano tiziano paper, using a mix of pastel pencils and soft sticks.
As usual, comments and critiques are welcome!
Bye Alessandra:wave: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2007/71279-andrea_small.jpg

Bye,Alessandra

Donna T
12-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi Alessandra, I don't do portraits but I sure like this one and think you did a super job. Those eyes...watch out girls! It's nice that you are getting commissions from your photographer friend. That's a great way to get your work known.

Donna T

Kathryn Day
12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Beautifully done!

Colorix
12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Alessandra, good for you! Thanks for the advice. What a sweet boy, he'll be a danger to girls. :-) Wonderfully done eyes, and that colourfully muted background complements him well, without 'stealing' attention.

David Patterson
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Wonderful job!!

maggie latham
12-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Very nice portrait. You should get a lot of other commissions form it.
Maggie

Netty
12-10-2007, 10:03 PM
A beautiful portrait Alessandra, the BG is gorgeous with the muted colours. I think you have also done a wonderful job on his hair, some great light reflections. Very lovely..

Annie:)

Tracer
12-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Such softness and light....what a beautiful portrait!!!! Good idea for commissions.

Selahs art
12-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Stunning work, love the softness.

Retha

rain24
12-11-2007, 12:29 AM
The eyes say it all. You've captured so much personality in them. Great job on this portrait. I'm sure you'll get many more commissions!

Dea
12-11-2007, 02:40 AM
I love the softness of this, I"m not surprised that you have got more commisions from it
Deanna

amandanator
12-11-2007, 02:52 AM
Very nice. I really like the pose. Very expressive. Good luck with your new commissions, looking forward to seeing them also.

Mandy

Alessandra Rosi
12-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Thank you all, for commenting!
Andrea is really a sweet little boy, and i'm happy that you can tell from my portrait, Also, the eyes were my "focal point" , theyy usually are, but in this case they were even more important than ever.

Since I started doing portraits 3 years ago, I've been getting slowly known in my local area, but commissions were coming off and on, and since I don't want to spend any money on publicity or fancy brochures, I was trying to figure out how to get a good exposure... then the proposal from my photographer friend, and this immediately gave me results!

A photographer studio is a good place, customers are usually potentially interested in having their portrait done, especially their children's....

As soon as I finish the first of my commission, I'll post it.

Thank you all!!
Bye:wave:
Alessandra

CindyW
12-12-2007, 09:00 AM
The hair is soft and the eyes are focused right on the viewer with such intensity.
Very nice!
Cindy

Mary Brigid
12-12-2007, 09:44 AM
What a lovely portrait. so soft and gentle. I am sure you will get lots of work from it
Mary Brigid

AliciaS
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
What a face!! i love the expression you captured!!

mike major
12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Alessandra-The eyes and the hair are amazing. For me the background makes it look like a photograph taken in a studio. The skill with which you rendered your subject is detracted by the background. Great Job-Mike

Alessandra Rosi
12-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh, thank you for your comments, I really appreciate, and I'm happy that
the eyes are being noticed, as I planned!

Mike, it's fun because this portrait was actually done from a studio photograph, and, as usual, I tried to be true to the photo, except for the background...this in fact my typical background, but if it looks like a studio pic, then it's not what I wanted.. how would you see it, to improve the painting, even though I already gave it to my friend, I'm interested in any suggestion for improving!

Alicia S., I just your website........wow !
:wave: Alessandra