PDA

View Full Version : freedom

creodont
12-09-2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2007/97526-freedom_final..................jpgFreedom a small painting 12x16 acrylic a commisson for a friend who knows the owner of a fishing boat. This from a pic he sent to me thru email. not quite done but will be by next weekend. Gotta put in some detail and some sharks, pirranha oil spill and anything else I can think of........All cana c welcome.........John

MRSBB
12-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Creodont.........OH, this is nice. Has a very dreamy feel about it. I like your choice of colors. Think I might lighten up the top of the top cloud, and I can't make out what that is midway between the 2 clouds, but I really like this painting. Keep having fun...........Lenore

Ronni
12-10-2007, 03:53 AM
I looooooove it! The one time shape of clouds, that will never be seen again, but you captured it for ever. Yoy say it is "not quite done", watch it!
Ronni

kathrynlovespets
12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
when I look at it in fuzzy vision, it seems that the boat needs to stand out from the background more (darker background or lighter boat...)
but it has that fun light happy feel to it that is your signature style..and it's well painted

Dana Design
12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Well, my only nit is that dark brown cloud in the upper left. It really isn't necessary to this painting and I'd paint it out. Other than that, this is very good! Especially, the water and you've done a great job on the boat...good perspective!

allanom
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
It's a sweet little piece with lovely colouration. The clouds seem a little idosynchratic: I'd paint them back quite a bit so they don't fight the boat. And I'd make a nice level horizon line (with water that tame, you wouldn't have that kind of distant roughness). I'm sure your friend will love it.

creodont
12-11-2007, 02:04 AM
funny how you do not notice things until you put them up on the computer. Thank you all that cloud does bother me now that you mentioned it and thank you allanom the horizon i will straighten up a bit..cheers......john

laketrees
12-11-2007, 07:32 AM
your choice of colour is very atmospheric and I love the gulls !!!!