PDA

View Full Version : Billpoint

blondheim12
06-12-2002, 09:20 PM
I sold a paintnig on ebay last week and the buyer used bill point. I don't know how it works and how to get my money? I am registered with a password and security key but don't know how I will get my money. It sent me an email taht said the client's check had been cleared but now how do I get the money?
Love,
Linda
http://lindab.dougie.net/epotw/

cagathoc
06-12-2002, 09:40 PM
I think you want your money! LOL (you mentioned it 3 times...)

eBay deposits it automatically into your confirmed bank account. You can access the details by signing in to your billpoint account (on the accounts page of "my eBay").

If you have NOT set up your billpoint account yet (how can they pay you via billpoint if you haven't?) - you need to do that first to get your money.

Cindy

Sumafra
06-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Only one of my buyers used BillPoint and they sent the money to my bank account within a few days. I didn't have to do anything. They also notified me by email that they were doing so. You should hear from them soon.

blondheim12
06-13-2002, 10:25 AM
Thanks all!
Love,
Linda

arlene
06-13-2002, 10:44 AM
linda, what's your ebay name, and curiously what do you put your paintings up for?

blondheim12
06-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Arlene,
I put old paintings up for sale, or those that I would not sell easily. I often paint small pochades for compositional studies that aren't really important work. Since they would go to charity auctions anyway, it's a decent way to unload them. I always put them in plein air. IF you type in plein air in the search, you will see mine. I only put one at a time. I used to start them for $30 or $40 dollars but they didn't sell much. Someone suggested that I start with a dollar and now they sell from $30-$80, unframed of course. The best thing about it is that I am selling my regular priced paintings to some of my ebay clients who go to my website and pay full price. I would say the ebay paintings are just a way to develop clients. I would starve if I depended on E-bay to make money. I understand that some folks make alot of money on their paintings though. In the plein air painting category, it is the California paintings that sell for decent prices.
I know that Carly sells well. her paintings are lovely and romantic.
Love,
Linda
http://lindab.dougie.net/epotw/

CarlyHardy
06-13-2002, 08:20 PM
Linda, put (wetcanvas) in your description so we can find you easily (without the parentheses!)
I saw your auction! glad to hear it sold well. I'll be watching for your auctions too! Love your paintings.
carly

blondheim12
06-13-2002, 10:40 PM
Carly do you mean put WC in the Title?

kjsspot
06-14-2002, 02:59 AM
Linda, no, just put Member of WetCanvas somewhere in your description. (WetCanvas, not Wet Canvas) Then for an easy search, just type WetCanvas in the box and click the search titles & descriptions and Viola! A nice tidy list! =)

timelady
06-14-2002, 08:15 AM
Yup, everybody's doin' it. :D If we all put wetcanvas somewhere in our description then we can sneak in and see what everyone else is doing. Heehee. (and some members are known to purchase other members' paintings, so you never know...)

Tina.

arlene
06-14-2002, 02:43 PM
yep the WC members have been some of my best customers. I like your idea of putting it up for a dollar, think I'll try that with my one painting...as it is, I don't care if i don't get much for it. We'll see.

surreal
11-20-2002, 01:34 PM
HI~
Two people just paid me for artwork using billpoint.
The money is not in my bank account yet.
Do you think I should wait until the money appears in my bank account before shipping the paintings?
Thank you.
:)

laurali
11-20-2002, 01:59 PM
Two people just paid me for artwork using billpoint.
The money is not in my bank account yet.
Do you think I should wait until the money appears in my bank account before shipping the paintings?

I'd go ahead and ship. It's really the same thing as the money being in your PayPal account.

Laura

surreal
11-20-2002, 04:42 PM
Laurali,
Thanks so much for responding to my question.
:D

arteitaliana
11-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by blondheim12
I would starve if I depended on E-bay to make money. http://lindab.dougie.net/epotw/

hmmmm....I would starve if I didn't depend on ebay to make money. I put my "best" smaller work on ebay and sometimes also some larger work.

R

impressionist2
11-20-2002, 06:23 PM
Rita, I agree. I am just starting but I cannot believe how much money I made in the last month. This is the best thing.

Why do some people use billpoint instead of paypal? Billpoint will soon be a thing of the past anyway.

Renee

CarlyHardy
11-20-2002, 06:59 PM
When I have a buyer who uses BillPoint, I send them a message to tell them that it will be discontinued after the first of the year and that ebay now owns PayPal. I don't think that buyers notice all the notices that ebay put up like we do as sellers.
carly