PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Glass II

monettogo
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-06-2007/119101_Aspen_Glass_II_sm.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Aspen Glass II
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 22 x 30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is an attempt to make a painting look like stained glass. It also portrays the things Colorado as know for, mainly, our columbine state flower and our aspen trees. The photo makes the painting look dark at the bottom, but it is not really. I have sold every painting of this nature, but I would like to see what the art world thinks.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I welcome any criticism.

MRSBB
12-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Hi Monettogo...I like the cheerfulness of the bright colors. I do think for it to really look like stained glass the solder lines should be wider and more rounded. I can see Colorado tourists especially liking something like this piece of art as a reminder of this beautiful state. Keep having fun....Lenore

Corby
12-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I spent a year between winters in the Rockies above Creed. At the time I was much taken with the saucer sized Columbine. here on the coast land they are quite small. I imagine the high altitude contributes to their large size there. The painting is beautiful. I can see its appeal as MRSBB said to anyone wanting a memento of the state. Have you considered doing the actual glass work? Imagine how stunning that would be if you can do this with watercolor!

thomas w
12-07-2007, 09:23 AM
I reminds me more of comic book art than stained glass, but never the less it is truely well done. As a newcomer I'd like to say, best of luck to you.
Thomas W

kathrynlovespets
12-07-2007, 10:29 AM
ooooh!! great colors!!
this is really beautiful and unique
if you want it to look more like stained glass, you should try making the dark deviding lines thicker

one thing that is a little overpowering for me is that upper right long yellow piece--it pushes us down into the bottom left corner...maybe if it were smaller and more to the right, and the two middle pieces were larger, I wouldn't feel like everything is being smushed down to the left corner

La_
12-08-2007, 10:43 PM
beautiful, great colors and subject, bit like a comic book quilt more than stained glass ... i think as an all verticle lined piece it would be closer to perfect for me ... can definitely see the appeal, good job and bags of fun to paint i bet!

la

D.W. Flint
12-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Gosh, you've got a lot more patience than I have..Look how well it turned out for you. Beautiful work...:thumbsup:

D.W. Flint
12-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Gosh, you've got a lot more patience than I have..Look how well it turned out for you. Beautiful work...:thumbsup: