PDA

View Full Version : Lionfish watercolor

talkinghands
12-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Here's the latest watercolor I've been working on. Any comments or criticism would be greatly appreciated! :cat:

Jayde
12-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Lovely colours. Has a soft, dreamy feel to it. Nice work!

mgthorvaldsen
12-07-2007, 10:43 AM
:wave: HI! Phyllis, This looks pretty good, Like the effects of the light in the water and the detail on the lionfish and the little fish in the background. Regards, Marianne

painterbear
12-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Hi Phyllis,

This is really looking good. I like your composition with the bubbles along the bottom.

I think you could deepen the colors on the foreground fish a little more to make him stand out even more than he does right now.

I like the two fish in the background, but I find the white spots on the one distracting. Maybe another wash over them to make them blend a little more. They would still be there, just not so white. ;)

Sylvia

talkinghands
12-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks, Sylvia, for the tips! That's one thing I've been working on is making the subject stand out from the background. I get going on a painting and then every element seems equally important, and before you know it, nothing stands out as the focal point. I'll keep this in mind!
Phyllis

357Lady
12-11-2007, 09:23 AM
I love this work that you have done. To me it looks like the light is shining from above down onto a coral ridge with the little white spots & the fish are swimming next to it. Lovely, serene & atmospheric piece.
I wouldn't change a single thing.