PDA

View Full Version : Tatted Christmas Tree Ornaments

Maureen Grantham
12-06-2007, 04:54 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Dec-2007/46787-2007_Tatted_Ornaments.jpg

Tatted and beaded Christmas Tree Angels. Have just stiffened these and attached their hangers.

beebluefern
12-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Beautiful Angel ornaments...snowflakes and wreathes too! Tatting is so pretty...My Granny used to tat all the time..made the prettiest edgeing for linens!

chatfieldstudios
12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
My Grandma also taught me how to tat with a black tatting shuttle, I can see it so perfectly in my mind's eye. These remind me of those precious times with her.

Lovely, you are so patient. Tatting and I didn't see eye to eye:wink2:

beebluefern
12-06-2007, 05:09 PM
My Grandma also taught me how to tat with a black tatting shuttle, I can see it so perfectly in my mind's eye. These remind me of those precious times with her.

Lovely, you are so patient. Tatting and I didn't see eye to eye:wink2:

I just couldn't get the hang of it left handed as I am...Granny tried to show me how but it was too confusing for me...I had to teach myself to knit and crochet too. Sure is beautiful though!

Sher
12-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Maureen,
Those are wonderful! I can really appreciate them since I never could get the hang of tatting. I've tried and tried and just make a mess out of it.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sher

beachwalker
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Maureen, these are so pretty! I can imagine that a whole tree decorated with tatted ornaments would be very beautiful.:)

lisilk
12-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Maureen~ I'm happy to see people still doing tatting. I'm afraid it is becoming too rare. like the others, I still have a few pieces and ornaments that my grandmother did.

Yours are lovely, so delicate. You'll have to show us when you hang them on your tree.

Li

BeyondTheNineSquares
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
I love these and I too am reminded of my Nana! She taught me to crochet but wouldn't teach me tatting because she said I was better off crocheting! lol I found out later that she'd tried to teach my Mom and it didn't work out. I'd love to learn as it's a dying art! Any books you can recommend for a confused beginner would be great!

These are so pretty! I love how delicate they are!