GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Somewhere Out West
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 9 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Thought I would try a watercolor. I don't seem to be able to get the really rustic look to the ba<br>. It has been a fun experience. Mostly the sky is a series of washes. I have no idea of what I'm doing, but its fun........Lenore

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All C/C are welcome. Are the washes supposed to be completely dry before you add another one? Do the clouds look acceptable, I was trying for storm clouds.

Corby
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi Lenore! Nice work. To get the feel of old wood, old boards, use a tissue and get most of the water/paint out of your brush. Then drag it along rather loosely, you will see the rough look of old wood appear...may need a bit of practice. It is a perfect terchnique to use your older ragged and bushy brushes on....

creodont
12-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi Lenore looks like you captured the spirit. You have the gift of water color and it shows. I would suggest start with light layers of warm colours ( yellow , orange and red)and gradually work into some darker hues using the cools. Not knowing your study model its hard to say where to place them for the barn. I really do not think you need to change it because the barn has that I have been around for a while rustic look. Great job,.....................John

thomas w
12-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Beautiful sky. I like the long dark shadow by the barn, possibly from a cloud above, gives it a special mood.
Thomas W

nodakcoyote
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi Lenore ... I just did my first wc Saturday and found it taint easy... I like the way you captured the clouds.

MRSBB
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Thank you Corby,John,Thomas and Coyote for the encouragement. I am really having fun, but these watercolors are very time consuming compared to an oil painting. I find they are hard to tweak, kind of mess with it and your off on an entirely new painting. Thanks again...............Lenore