GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Autumn Abstract
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18 x 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
anything.... ( help - I need a title for this one!)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

D.W. Flint
12-02-2007, 09:24 PM
My first impression of this? I could immediately see it framed and gracing someones home. What a beautiful job for an abstract. It's so good you don't need a title, the autumn motif comes through loud and clear.:thumbsup:

MRSBB
12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi Spyderbabe.........Well, I have never been an abstract person, but there are many things I like about this one. You will have to tell me if I am any where near right??????????? To me it is a landscape and within the painting I see a lot of hidden objects. I love the color palette you chose. The only thing I don't care for much, and seems out of place here, are the serrated lines that look like they were applied with bread knife. To me it stops the flow of the painting. Again I know nothing about abstract, so let me know if I'm even close. That way I can learn from you also...........Lenore

Mantema
12-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't paint abstractly so I'm not given to comment or critique this form--but in this case I'll make a confident exception. It's great! Very intense and spontaneous, yet with a great degree of control. A title eludes me as well, yet I'm reminded of a country setting during the time of harvest, when all of the hard labor has paid off with a bountiful crop. In my eye, you've treated us to an enormous expression of thanksgiving cheer!

toraman
12-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Warm and beautiful.

Dana Design
12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Kathleen, it's beautiful! I absolutely love your palette. Simply call it "Autumn Abstract". That says it all.

Well done, Lady!

kathrynlovespets
12-03-2007, 01:01 PM
very pretty

La_
12-03-2007, 01:16 PM
beautiful - and so big!

very nice, i'd hang it happily

la

nodakcoyote
12-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm not really into abstract either but... I see what is apparently a long unused garden gate overgrown with grasses and weeds at the end of a long hot summer.

Paulafv
12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
It's like looking through some autumn floral collections into another room. Lovely.

artforprofits.com
12-03-2007, 05:58 PM
fantastic work, very effective. I get a sense of movement which could be a breeze blowing through the trees causing dead leaves to fall gracefully from the trees. A very nice work indeed.

Spyderbabe
12-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Thank you everyone!
So often we artists work alone, in a vacuum, and feedback and other's opinion is so important. Especially with an abstract piece - you really want to know if you have 'reached' someone else.
I'm happy to read your replies and know I did what I set out to do.

Kathleen

Spyderbabe
01-22-2008, 02:43 PM
I brought this piece to a formal critique last night and the teacher was disturbed by what he called the perimeter that I had established around the edges with the lines that run parallel to the edges of the canvas. He suggested a crop to show how the painting mght be improved

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jan-2008/23281-Image1.jpg

I can see what he means. I thought I was 'framing' the piece with brush strokes but it didnt work to my advantage.

KYRed
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Really delightful. Great use of combs, I think.

Happylobster
01-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Delicious. Yummy. I love the texture and I agree with your teacher. The croping improved the "feel". Keeps me in the painting and seems to add more mystery.
Like all the others say, it captures the feel of Autumn and harvest. But I too am clueless about nameing paintings. I have even resorted to asking my grandson for names. (Kids are surprisingly intuitive.)