Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Another of my ludicours paintings!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Did it for my grand daughter.<br>Any comment is welcomed

Corby
12-01-2007, 09:39 PM
no belbibitt, it is neither laughable, ridiculous, nor absurd. It is quite striking. A powerfully simple composition. The color is exciting and fitting. To be sure there are things that need adjustment...but if we and our works didn't need that...why then none of us would be alive and enjoying the pursuit of painting! I would think your granddaughter would be quite pleased with this. A couple changes easily made. Her position on the couch seems very uncomfortable and contrived. her right arm is unnaturally high in its placement because the back of the couch is so high. The arm and hand are also much too small. I would lower the back of the couch. This allows you to extend her arm and place it more comfortably and bring its size up to where it matches her left arm. The hand is beautifully done with delicate fingers but as I said it is much too small. Our hands are the length of our face. If you place the heel of your palm on your chin the fingers will touch somewhere at your hair line. A good rule of thumb (no pun intended) to remember. Here is a breakdown of what changes I am recommending:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2007/70790-Teenager.jpg

belbibitt
12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Thank you so much for all these useful hints (specially the length of the hands) but I unfortunately already gave this painting to my grand daughter full of errors. I really appreciate your comments.

creodont
12-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi Belibitt, You have your own distinctive style. I read Corbys and I would agree on his critique but what I would like to see is more stylized people setting like these. This would make a great series to experiment with. Its not just the person but your contrast of colors is well developed...........keep going at this.........John