PDA

View Full Version : Amanda

Bilberry
12-01-2007, 03:30 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2007/108690-Amanda_small.jpg

I'd like some advice on how to continue with this portrait of one of the members of my art class. I managed to persuade four of the group to pose for some photographs so that I had some images to work from. This profile shot appealed and Iíve got this far with the painting. Some advice about my next move would be appreciated. My teacher suggested leaving it while I try another portrait and then come back to it later after Iíve gained a bit more experience. Your comments would be of value too.

juneto
12-01-2007, 04:32 AM
- I think it's great and your Teacher has the right idea .
Another would be Good as you are on the way . Just practise ,like this
The hair is terrific , the Features don't stand out , but that can be remedied.
In all,it has character and individuality .
Do more .

June :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

painterbear
12-01-2007, 05:16 AM
Hi Bilberry,
Welcome to the Watercolor Forum.

This is a very nice portrait and it is coming along nicely.

It never hurts to let a painting sit for a bit when you don't know what to do next. Then you come back to it with a fresh outlook. So starting on another portrait is probably a good idea.

When you are ready to finish this one, some more value differentiation on the face to give form around the cheeks and nose and under her chin might be nice.

I really like the way you've painted her sweater. You've given it great texture.

Sylvia

laudesan
12-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Oh I second your teachers suggestion. :thumbsup:

You have done very well here, and I really am for your getting on to the next one.

You will know what to do next here when the time is right..:)

JJ