PDA

View Full Version : Man watching TV

myenglishisterrible
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-30-2007/122009_watchingtv2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Man watching TV
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 50 x50 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Not yet finished, some problems with the drawing (the foot), but I think it's ok.<br><br>www.sarla.be

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
?

Ronni
11-30-2007, 02:20 PM
As always. there's a message in what you paint, (not just coppying alike lots do) But your work causes me to think and experience. Lots of sensitivity, great tones of colors. Something that makes me remember you and recognize you.

Corby
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
YES! A beautiful palette! Very unusual and captivating composition! And the message is for me at least, how T.V. can turn one into a corpse, erasing all activity and personal identification. The lower leg and foot are absolutely perfect. It powerfully identifies the "log" on the bed. I would call it finished myself. besides all of that it is still a painting with painterly qualities, not just some manipulated slick modern image. I would give it the dignity of a painting. frame it well and hang it. It is sure to draw many comments and conversations.

ejtupi
11-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Incredible from composition/perspective/abstract points of view. I'm really speechless (yes, me, speechless). What a powerful image.

D.W. Flint
11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Your english might be bad, but your painting is good...:)

kathrynlovespets
12-01-2007, 12:42 PM
to me, the man looks like a leg, a foot, and then a mass of something undefinable...
but I like the atmosphere

Mantema
12-01-2007, 01:00 PM
If that "corpse" as Corby rightfully calls it was quite a bit larger, I'd swear it was a portrait of me. Multiple large doses of tv does suck the life out of you. The only nit to pick about the painting is the upper body development. I don't think you'd lose too much of the "logginess" if you expaned the torso a bit. Otherwise, this is very good--not only artistically, but an important social message as well.

myenglishisterrible
12-02-2007, 05:05 AM
Thanks everybody.

Kathryn: the upper part of the man MUST looks like "something indefinable". As Corvus wrote, the purpose is indeed "erasing all activity and personal identification" of the character. The leg, the sofa and the foot define it as a body, and that's enough.

I hope that's enough.

To tell you the truth, I must admit that maybe I've been gone a bit too far, to the point that the picture becomes almost unreadeable for some people (my wife, for exemple: "what is it? I don't understand"). Perhaps I must improve it.

(sorry for my english... but you know... it's terrible!) :-)