GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Silent Star
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 12X12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Acrylic, charcoal, graphite and collage on wood.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything is welcome, as always.

La_
11-27-2007, 12:04 PM
i keep seeing a horses butt in this one floopy ... like it's a detail of an old cave painting ... are these super fast to do or long and involved?

la

Ms.Understood
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I didn't see it at first, but now I see the back end of a horse--side view--I did think "cave painting", but in what would be the horses thigh, I see a "Sock Puppet" face. Odd for a cave painting...
I see faces in everything though.
Some great textures in here. Especially top left corner and bottom leg of the "horse"!

nodakcoyote
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Strange what perception can be. I saw a smiling dolphin's face. Horses butt?
:)

Corby
11-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes it is a very captivating piece. I do see a lady in a floppy hat reflected over a glossy surface. What really amazes me though is that fantastic turtles head under the toothy fish head on the right, behind the silent stars neck...interesting.. Is this Mary Martin?

MRSBB
11-27-2007, 09:33 PM
I had to wait to comment on this one. Now that you all mention it, I can see the horses butt, the dolphin, the fish and corvus' turtle head........I also see in the upper left corner a honey comb, on the lower right a rolled up newspaper. My very first thought this morning was a tree stump, sorry I'm not good at abstract. It must be a good painting as it has a lot of people thinking.........Lenore

roseanbob
11-29-2007, 09:07 AM
I see a horse or large animal down and a snake along the bottom curling in the water. looks like maybe it has bitten his thigh. Looks like something bad has happened to his animal.

kathrynlovespets
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
oooo I really like this one....another winning abstract

great movement and color....very enjoyable

ejtupi
11-30-2007, 02:42 AM
Molly, I was kind of thrown by the title. If I were given the privilege of naming it it would be something like "silent kiss". Great emotion in this. Your abstracts are hitting progressively higher levels and greater depths. This is the first one in a while where I thought the reds were absolutely on target... not a knock on previous works, but this picture is ringing as clearly and honestly as a bell.