PDA

View Full Version : we are family

sabine2
11-26-2007, 07:09 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-26-2007/93493__BDK7511_copy.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: we are family
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Tempera
Surface: Linen
Dimension: 50x40 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I'm not sure this painting is finished. What do you think?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything!

thomas w
11-26-2007, 09:09 AM
No, I wouldn't call this finished. But I like what you have so far. It has the makings of a great composition. It just needs some definition in the background and some refinement in the figures.
Thomas W

nodakcoyote
11-26-2007, 01:28 PM
It slightly disturbs me that he stands so far apart from the women in his family and that she has her arms folded in the "I don't believe you" position.
It suggests an alienation. I dunno, it just strikes me as a slightly lonely positioning. I do like it however.

corfublue
11-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I like it. your eye goes around and stops where it has to stop. There is volume yet a contemporary feel to it. The composition speaks loudly, nice contrast to the comp and rendering.
I'd look at it for a while. go on to something else.
If I was to consider anything it would be more variation in the background. Not so much in values, but colours.....light blue.
valerie

MRSBB
11-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi sabine.........I think you did a good job on the figures, but my take is the same as Coyote. I see a lot of conflict in this family...........Lenore

Dhuot
11-26-2007, 11:14 PM
I do like it as is.
A mix of Elizabeth Peyton and Alice Neel :)
Though the man's face could get rid of the little line on the left side of his nose
Nice overall ..... good :)

sabine2
11-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Thank you very much for all your comments!

It's really helpfull to get all kinds of different feed backs... it helps me to make up my mind about what I think about my painting! ;)

Anyway this one is lost, big cracks appeared in the gesso...but I think I'm beginning to see where I wanna go

sabine2
11-27-2007, 05:02 AM
Oh and by the way, there ARE tensions in this family... I didn't realise it showed so much - Body language!!