GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: A Scene From "My Little Chickadee"
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Pen/Ink
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 9x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a scene from the film 'My Little Chickadee', featuring Mae West and W.C. Fields. The clothes are done with pen, the background is done with india ink, and the face and hand are done in charcoal.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I wasn't sure what to do with the backrgound, but I liked the contrast with the white border. Anything else I tried seemed to take away from it. Any thoughts for next time?

creodont
11-26-2007, 02:37 AM
The background helps bring out the facial features that are very detailed. One appreciates them more with the dark border. I would say let it stand as it is.........Nice pic..............John

Jayde
11-26-2007, 04:01 AM
Nice work! I am particularly impressed with the detail you achieved with charcoal. It looks great as is.

tony1
11-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Great likeness and very nice treatment. I like the white outline, and the black background. The only thing I might considered is the seat between them (if I remember the movie he's sitting in a seat behind Mae West) so I assume the black space in between them at bottom front is the seat. I might consider "doing" the seat in ink or charcoal. I realize it's technically part of the background, but I think a hint that it's a seat might be a thought.

That's just an idea, and I want to emphasize that it's fine as is.

nodakcoyote
11-26-2007, 01:34 PM
I just dumped my ink and broke my pencils. This is awesome as it is.

Dhuot
11-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh so much work :eek:
The white outline is very very good
Good all the way
:)

sabine2
11-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Nice work, quite a lot of impact...