GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sunset at the Sixth
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Plein Air of the 6th hole at Skylinks Course in Riverside,CA.<br>Took me about 45 minutes to get this down as the sun was fading fast. Besides, the manager told me I had to get off his course if I wasn't going to play.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
For some reason my photo came out reversed but I wanted to know if the foreground and the background gave the image of depth that I wanted.

nodakcoyote
11-25-2007, 07:45 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2007/120718-Photo_18.jpg
A lighter photo of the painting.

billmahler
11-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks for posting this and for incurring the wrath of the mgr on our behalf.
I think all avid golfers - I've been one for a long, long time - are awaiting that artist who will capture the feeling of a golf course. Lots have captured golfers, but none has captured the course.
After all, what can you do with all that green grass?
This is a good stab at dealing with that question.
Your use of violets is original and effective, and that nasty little ball trap of a pond is perfect.
A couple of points:
That nice patch of grass in the center foreground is a cool green - almost blue - but you have warmer greens around hole. Cool tends to recede and warm tends to approach.
The two trees behind the hole are more intense that the trees in the foreground. That should be reversed.
Find out that mgr's day off and go back!

nodakcoyote
11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I se what you mean about the trees in the back. Think it would be better if I made the foreground tree leaves darker and lightened up the two in the back?
The grasses were kinda lighted that way by the setting sun... by using my "artistic license" I could correct that also. Thanks for pointing it out. By the bye, the manager of the course asked for the painting to hang in the clubhouse (gratis of course).