GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Untitled
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18X24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my first time posting here and I am normally hesitant to show any of my art but I would like to grow as an artist which means that I need to share. This is the first painting that I primed the canvas gray and then worked in black and white before using a limited selection of colours.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I usually feel that I over work the medium and anything nice that I had is lost in my brushwork. I made an effort to be much more loose. I'm just looking for some thoughts for future refrence.

Dante!!!
11-23-2007, 01:56 PM
I should also add that a major inspiration was Mucha. I wasn;t making a refrence to any specific work but was trying to envoke the spirt of his work.

La_
11-23-2007, 02:02 PM
peaceful, sad, soothing, curious

would definitely like to see more of your works

why the butt icon? i see no nudity

Welcome to WC! take yer time, look around, wonderful diversity here!

and Dante!!!, have you read Dante?! glorious works from him

: )

la

Dante!!!
11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I put that nudity Icon on there becasue I wasn't sure how strict the image policy is. I know some people have comented to me that the water lilly looks like something else but I didin't want my first post removed on account of a misunderstanding.

kathrynlovespets
11-23-2007, 07:26 PM
this is not a happy painting...
very desperate and uncomfortable (is how that creature feels)

and i think it's only the overtly obvious nudity that requires the butt icon

MRSBB
11-23-2007, 08:04 PM
My first impression was of a child in the womb, but I agree with Kate, not very happy. Like OMG, what is this world all about....Anyway, welcome to Wet Canvas. The knowledge and help here is really great, I love this site...........Lenore

thomas w
11-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I like how you achieved that pink mist around the fetus, very well done. I agree that it is not a very happy picture, but it could be. If there were some more lightness and color through the water lillys more like Monet. But that's just my opinion, if that's not the direction you want to take. But the sense of birth and nature come through here very well. Good job.
Thomas W

Dana Design
11-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I see birth in the forefront and death, the last gasp behind the foetus. It's life coming forth and leaving...at least that's my take on it. Also love the lotus like shape and the leaves appearing as in a pond.

This is so very nice, well thought out and the colors draw me in.