PDA

View Full Version : jec n hyd

La_
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-23-2007/84648_jec_n_hyd.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-23-2007/84648_jec_n_hyd_dtl.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: jec n hyd
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
this one, again, it keeps morphing<br><br>perhaps now it will quit yelling at me<br><br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any little thing that comes to mind

ejtupi
11-23-2007, 09:59 PM
I'd like to see the woman gone from this and the whole thing worked as an abstract or cubist examination of a space. The lines and complex tonal relationships are great, but the woman is kind of gimmicky. She's ruining what might be a very interesting picture. Sorry, just my opinion on this one.

It might quit yelling at you if you remove the human element or, on second thought, go with a Duchamp thing and render the woman along the lines of the Nude Descending a Staircase. There just isn't anything telling me I should care about the woman in this picture or even wonder why she's in this desolate and eerie room and, apparently, drinking alone.

artdreamer1
11-23-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm not too sure about the woman either--I do like all the shapes in this tho (and this is coming from someone who used to HATE abstracts). It took awhile to get the whole "jekhyl and hyde" thing (spelling?)...honestly tho, as Ejtupi has said, I'd prefer it as a pure abstract or the woman abstracted along with it. Really love the colors in this...

Michele

MRSBB
11-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi La...........I'm afraid I'm not attracted to this painting either. Seems like the lady with the 4 hands is having a battle with her need for booze or whatever other battle is going on in her head. But knowing how creative you are, I'm sure you can transform her into a dream.

thomas w
11-24-2007, 11:23 AM
It makes me think of a club at the end of the night and the last waitress is all alone contemplating taking a drink. The isolation and emptiness is quite apparent. I really like how you did the double image of her arms, the "bad" ones are in the realm of horror. The composition looks like a still from a movie which I find satisfying because of the narrative of this piece. I like this.
Thomas W

La_
11-24-2007, 07:55 PM
kill off one of my women! :eek:

couldn't do it, sorry :cool:

really, have done it many times before :lol:

but i will for this one repeat the background stuff and try it all over again :)

Thanks so much for your honesty, I do very much value that :thumbsup:

la

D.W. Flint
11-24-2007, 10:00 PM
La, All I can say is that you are very creative. This painting gives a person a lot to think about that's for sure. I like it alot...

toraman
11-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Not much different than its previous state.

Smoker
11-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey La,

I believe your painting is quite sensative and says many things.

Perhaps it's yelling because it has more to say.

But if you keep morphing this particular painting and not beginning a new painting each time it has something to say, you'll lose all that's been said and the whole truth will never be known.

Your painting a great story. Don't stop.

La_
11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks Flint, glad you like it : )

toraman, indeed

Smoker, Thanks, i've moved on from this one now, many more on the go, will never stop, never never : )

la

mariahrt
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM
I am not really one for abstracts but this is interesting. I think her glass should be empty. That would be the reason she is desiring more.... Just my lowly opinion from one who is brand new to painting...
Great painting. It does tell a story. Definitly one of my fav abstract type paintings.

La_
11-27-2007, 12:00 PM
thanks mariah, glad you like it and glad to hear your opinion ... perhaps she's thinking about taking that bottle with her ... for later ...

la

itsajem
11-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi La,
Absolutly Love the woman!
I can see a fireplace behind her (center) on the far wall.
Something of interest hanging above that spot would be great too?

La_
11-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey John, Thanks : )

a fireplace eh ... maybe, and something interesting hanging ... hmm ... like a body?

lol

will think about that, thanks again : )

la