PDA

View Full Version : First time with Acrylics

RottweilerMom
06-09-2002, 08:39 PM
I am so proud of myself today. I just played with my acrylic paints which have been hiding in my closet for since 1995. I got so incredibly frustrated with them years ago since they weren't like oils.

I mostly play with graphite now. I wanted to get back to painting but oils stink (literally) and I didn't want my whole house to smell like that. It was one thing when I lived by myself and to have a smelly apartment . Now I have a hubby and creatures, I don't want to put them through that.

So...I have been reading this forum for a little while now and picked up a book about acrylics. Today I got brave and broke them out. :clap:

I painted a stupid racket ball which belongs to my dog on my table. I just used some watercolor paper because I didn't want to mess around waiting for gesso to dry. I have to say, I started to sweat a little bit. But, I worked fast and I did it. It's not perfect, but I was pretty happy with the outcome!

The meaning for this thread is to say thanks, you all are so helpful eventhough you may not know it.

I'll post a photo of my attempt later.

KarenU
06-10-2002, 01:40 AM
Congratulations Rott!!! Doesn't it feel great to get back into it again! I also, within the last year, became recommitted to my art and I have to say, I am a much happier person for it. Can't wait to see your painting!

orchidlover6
06-10-2002, 02:23 PM
why don't you scan or take a digi of your work so we can peek at it?

RottweilerMom
06-10-2002, 03:52 PM
Here's my little racket ball painting. I like playing with limited palettes, so I chose blue for this one.

KarenU
06-10-2002, 07:15 PM
Hey Rott that is a very nice painting...you did an exceptional job with a limited palette!

james.bishop
06-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Very nice. :D
I like the effect you got with the shadow.

Well done!

-James

Corrie Scott
06-12-2002, 11:36 PM
Love the colours.

mel-o
06-13-2002, 04:46 PM
I am a big fan of simple images. I like the limited palete and the overall wet effect of the piece.

mel