PDA

View Full Version : faux woodgrain and malachite ceiling

Ruth
06-09-2002, 07:12 PM
This is what I'm working on now. This is one corner of a ceiling in a small room that will be a home office. I'm doing the whole ceiling in this woodgrain and inlaid malachite look. That ceiling keeps getting bigger and bigger every time I look at it! :D

Ruth

KarenU
06-10-2002, 12:13 PM
Geez Ruth.....that is totally amazing!! How do you deal with working on a ceiling all day? The position has got to be really uncomfortable.

arlene
06-11-2002, 12:55 PM
if you hadn't told me, i would have thought it was the real thing.

Reye
06-12-2002, 09:11 AM
Ruth
Your faux work is interesting and very nice. You are probably aware that graining or faux work is increasing in demand. As we exhaust our supply of the real wood that we used to be able to get those people who can duplicate the grain artistically will have more and more business, particularily on upscale construction of both private and commercial structures.
The malachite work is really nice. This looks exactly like malachite. Most of the very nice malachite today,outside of museums, comes from the Urals in Russia.
You really have talent is a number af areas as I am sure you are aware.
Jerry

lynnd
09-02-2005, 07:58 PM
I am FINALLY going to get my BF to teach me how to grain. I have been wanting to do it for along time your ceiling looks Great!!

deco-arts
09-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Wood graining is good knowledge to have.!!!

Terry Wynn
09-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi, Ruth,

I have stopped by from time to time but more as a getaway.

I am so glad I did today. Your ceiling graining is beautiful! The wood, malachite - both equally lovely!

Can't wait to see what you have up your brush next!

Terry

FauxFillingDreams
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Beautiful work and what a great idea!

Im doing more clouds on a ceiling this week...I roll a towel and wrap it behind my neck...kind of acts as a brace. It helps a little...but Im sure I'll be in need of a massage and chiropractor when Im done!

Becktoria
09-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Very, very nice Ruth!
I am amazed you are doing this on a ceiling! I did a malachite wooden box once and so to do what you are doing is amazing!
I used a small neck brace once while doing a ceiling...it felt clumsy and tight but my neck sure felt better at the end of the day!
Becky

Ruth
09-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi y'all, thanks for the comments! This is an old one, I was surprised to see it again. Can't believe I used to do that kind of work on ceilings! Ouch!

Deco-Arts, nice woodgrains!

Ruth