PDA

View Full Version : **Daily Wash Tuesday 20th November 2007**

shipbroker
11-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Good Morning World,

Black black night still here, but the blackbirds are going mad this morning.....

Day at work today after two fullish days in studio..still some way to go before work ready for the two day exhibition...but will get there somehow!

Back later..
rgds
geoff

Roun2it
11-20-2007, 03:52 AM
Mornin each:wave:

Hi Geoff, Boy it would be nice to get 2 days in the studio:D

You having said that I couldn't remember ever seeing a painting of yours in the Gallery or elsewhere so I just looked up your profile, and I was shocked and stunned ..............:eek: you never have posted a painting here:D :lol:

I know you have a website link in your sig line, but I, like many others here, very rarely follow links for Internet Health issues. I would like to see your paintings in the Gallery so if only for myself I must ask when will we see the fruits of your labours? We have got to know you well here on the Wash but for a painting Forum I haven't a clue what and how you paint. Come on join in with the rest of us, it's fun:wink2: :thumbsup: :D

Geof if you are having a problem with the Uploader please see the link in bottom left of my signature line. If you have any problems you could ask one of us to help:D

Had a nice day yesterday took Sam and his Mum out for lunch, Sam hates sitting down so we had a walk-about meal: The pub was next to a railway line with a level crossing so that suited him must have been 10 trains go by in the hour or so we were there.

He has a new trick, he will sit there and close his eyes and say "Grandad, it's dark ........... oohhhh scary!!" Now ain't that cute:D

He is coming to stay over tonight so will be busy for the next day or so.

I have found an Art Group in Preston:clap: I have searched asked questions in the right places and never found one, until now. They are meeting tonight so I'm gonna leave Sam with Chris and go to my very first meeting. Wish me luck:wave:

Yorky
11-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Morning all :wave:

Yes Geoff, let's see some of your industrial paintings - remember one thread per day in the Gallery.

it there and close his eyes and say "Grandad, it's dark ........... oohhhh scary!!" Now ain't that cute

Yes cute :) We had a friend who's daughter when put to bed asked her mum to switch the dark off :lol:

Enjoy your art club Kev, I enjoy the demos, and our current art group is a "paint your own thing" affair and I am enjoying it more than the "paint along" we had in previous years ;)

Nothing planned for today, a mucky sky and more rain forecast.

Forgot to commiserate with Uschi yesterday for pulling her groin muscle - hope it clears up soon Uschi, you have enough problems with your knee.

Doug

darsart
11-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Morning Geoff and Kevin, just popped in to say hi. I'm struggling with this time difference but I'm guessing it's about mid-morning in England now?? I think you are about 7 or 8 hours ahead of my time. It is currently 1:00 am here, so I guess this makes it today, although since I have a severe case of insomnia, I'm not sure if it is still yesterday, or perhaps yesterday is already today, and by now it may be tomorrow. ???
Kevin, your grandson sounds delightful :cool: - how old is he?? Have you given him his first paint set yet?
Geoff, love to hear more about your upcoming show.
It's nice slowly getting to know the other artists here. Since I can't sleep, I guess I'll try to paint, at least the house is quiet now.
Talk to you later.

darsart
11-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Good morning Doug, you posted while I was typing, it's dark and gloomy here right now, but hopefully once the sun comes up, it should be a decent autumn day. Just trying to get some sleeping and painting done, in whatever order they occur.

Roun2it
11-20-2007, 04:41 AM
I'm struggling with this time difference but I'm guessing it's about mid-morning in England now??

Well when it was 1am for you it was 8am for us, so early morning not mid morning:D

Try this, it helps if you bookmark it World Clock
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/)

Just had a phone call from Joanne she is not well and not going into work, she was ill yesterday when I took them out, so Sam is not coming ............. don't know if that is a good thing or a bad one:D:wink2:

Oh well that means more cleaning, I made the mess so suppose it's only fair.:lol: :thumbsup:

painterbear
11-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to five in the a.m. here in Ohio. Won't try to figure out what time it is anywhere else in the world, I'm confused enough. :D

Had a good day in art class yesterday. Nita brought in interferance, pearlescent, and metallic paints and discussed what they are and how they work in a painting. She illustrated them as she spoke. They are interesting, but I don't think I'll rush out to buy any at this time.

Today is rake-up the ton of leaves in the yard day for Larry and I. The city is coming around tomorrow to collect them from the curbsides in front of the houses, so we need to gather them up, especially out back. Our maple tree has turned yellow, then gold, then orange, and now bright red in the last couple of weeks before dropping all those leaves in a blanket on the ground.

Kev, It must be the age. Casey has a hard time sitting still for more than 10 seconds at a time too. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to bottle up some of that energy for a time when you have cleaning or raking to do. :rolleyes: Hope you had a good time at your first meeting of the art group in your area.

Geoff, When is your exhibition taking place? Hope you get both your paintings in progress finished. Do take photos when your exhibit is hung and share them with us. :D

Doug, I agree with you that painting your own work in an art group is more fun than everyone painting something the instructor chose. Both my classes are like that—in the one, the instructor does a complete painting as a demo, but then we can paint on our own work. In the other, the instructor illustrates a technique (such as Nita did with the paints I mentioned above), but we then paint whatever we like. In both classes, the instructor then walks around and discusses what each of us is working on with us. One thing I enjoy is a critique at the end of class. It is a wonderful way to learn, especially when the instructor knows what she is talking about. :D

Hi Darlene, Welcome to the Wash. One of the good things about it is that it is always day somewhere in the world and people pop in here to meet and greet one another. :D

Uschi, Ouch, a pulled groin muscle. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} Hope it doesn't hurt too much.

Think I'll go look at some of the paintings in the Galleries.

:wave: to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

jaytee
11-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi everyone :wave:

Still lingering snow here... hope that doesnt mean its 'waiting for more to join it' :D Choral Rehearsal cancelled last night because of the conditions. So guess what .. I had a long session 'viewing tv with my eyes closed' :D

have to get showered and dressed and down to th mobile Xray truck for the biennial mammogram... appointment at 1.12 not 1.10, not 1.15 !!!!! so Id beeter be sure to be there....dont think I'll slither down on foot though !!

BBL determined to PAINT......

....certinly not gardening weather :D

HAWLTAIN

Uschi
11-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!!! Overcast but relatively speaking warmish.

Thanks for comiserating with me, I am still almost immobile :rolleyes: so I guess I'll be painting again:D

I hope I am better by Thursday because the scrabble lady who looked after it for 14 years has her 80th birthday and I wanted to bake a cake and have a bit of a celebration for her.

Now there is an example to follow - she looks 60, plays badmington 3 days a week, plays table tennis three times a week and moves like a 16 year old - :envy: :envy: in a good way.

Doug and Sylvia, I am exactly the opposite, I like it when everyone paints the same thing in class. I like to see how everyone else approaches the same subject. That is why I really enjoy looking at challenges like Kev's and Doug's, the portrait challenge with Fookie and :eek: forgot her name, and the "invitations to paint". Maybe it's time for me to participate in them:lol: :lol: :lol:

Time to hobble to my breakfast so :wave: to one and ALL and hope you have a good day!!!! HAWLTAIN!!!!
Uschi

olliewood0702
11-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Happy Tuesday all!!

Gray, grey skies, misting and mild today. The calm before the storm or so they say!:confused: Snow by tomorrow night with rain freezing up overnight and changing over to snow. SO GLAD I'm leaving for the north in the morning.

I could NOT sleep last night......and don't know why....had NO caffeine in the afternoon or evening....just layed there tossing and turning. Thinking about EVERYTHING....heart beating fast....ugh....tired this morning, oh well this is my last day until next Monday!:thumbsup:

DS that is the tattoo artist has asked if he can bring home his new girlfriend over the New Years Holiday. I had told him I wasn't ready to meet a new girlfriend as we LOVED Sara whom he dated for 3 almost 4 years. BUT......what can I say? She wants to meet us and so I guess she's coming after Christmas. She is a model and singer on the edge of making it big and I feel kind of funny.....our house is just a small ranch with nothing special so hopefully she won't judge. Josh says "MOM....she is NOTHING like that!":rolleyes: We'll see, she's a beautiful girl in pictures so kind of anxious to meet her. He is VERY SERIOUS about her and talking marriage.:confused: Hope he doesn't do anything crazy.

ALL of my family will be home for Christmas and that thrills me. That is the ultimate gift for a MOM:smug:

Well, getting another cup of coffee and going to visit the galleries, studio, etc for a bit before I start my work day.....

((((()))))hugs to all and I will be missing in action for the next 4 days so you all have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING (for those of us celebrating) and the rest of you enjoy your weekend!!!

:wave:

Yorky
11-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Safe trip and safe return Darla :heart:

Doug

laudesan
11-20-2007, 09:33 AM
((((Uschi))) ((((to all in need))))

I have been painting up a storm when my darn back and knees let me. I am working on a seascape this time..:) I am over in the Marine Art Forum..;)

Darla I hate it when I can't sleep. I have been like that for a few weeks now. Last night wasn't too bad tho thank goodness. When I can't sleep, I paint in my head..:D Man I have a few masterpieces painted..;) Have a wonderful thanksgiving!!

Uschi wow what a way to be. I hope my knees are fixed and i am live your friend when i am 80..:)

:wave: to everyone I need to move myself off to bed now it is 11.30pm already.. **yawn**

JJ

ameliajordan
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Well all of you are talking about dark and stormy skies so I'll cheer you up with photos from on Condo at Daytona Beach :lol: At least I took them very late in the afternoon so it's not to bright - right now it's 8:30 am and very bright and sunny - to be 81F today. These were taken at high tide.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Nov-2007/1159-DB1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Nov-2007/1159-db2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Nov-2007/1159-db3.jpg

Darla having the kids for Christmas is the best!!!

Uschi hope you feel better real soon!!!

I'll try to check in later.

artmom
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
:wave: everyone!

Can't wait for Thanksgiving and our big yearly gathering of extended family and friends at DH's sister's house! We used to be the hosts, but as his sister is 18 years younger than he is, we to to their place now! :evil: :D Plus, her husband is a superb chef!! :clap: :clap: Grandkids, and nieces and nephews, etc., I'll get to see them all.

Been too busy to paint; don't ask what I've been doing--just more de-middening!! :lol: It never ends!

HAWLTAIN (especially Uschi)

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

mmcaloon
11-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Just zipping through today sadly to say. May be able to come back a little later when classes settle down.

Have a great day all.

Uschi take care.....(see I did read through it)

Ellen in Ont
11-20-2007, 10:43 AM
:wave: everyone,
Another full day with a "to do" list that had to be continued on the back of the page. :rolleyes: :lol: I printed out about 60 cards last night and packaged them ready for our craft show this weekend. Tonight is a fun night. Our business womens group meets once a month for a nice dinner and talk by someone. Tonight is a talk from someone from the LCBO (liquor control board of Ontario) with a sampling night. :D I am getting a drive there and back. :lol: Tomorrow I am getting my sister to help me with the last of the baking. Then the decorating can begin. I also sold two small paintings to a woman at work and she has commissioned another one for after Christmas. :clap: I have so many people asking about commissions that I made a brochure outlining what is involved as well as my prices. Very few people follow up and actually commission a painting but explaining the same things over and over about the kind of photo ref I need, copyright issues, deadlines, sizes etc, that the brochure will save me time and I can hand them out to everyone who expresses any interest. :lol:

I am already running behind this morning so have to dash. I hope things quiet down soon so I can spend more time here but this is my busiest time of year so I will mostly be dashing through for the next month. Throwing everyone hugs and beaming lots of white light to those who are ill.

js162
11-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi people,

Good afternoon from wonderful, wet and cold south east of england. It never ceased to amaze me how much water there must be up there for so much to come down here!

Bit earlier for me today as I took the afternoon off work. I had a parcel of art supplies waiting collection at the local Post Office and couldn't wait until this evening to pick it up. Also gave me a chance to have a quick look around a couple of local book shops.

Why is it my parcel that has to have something missing? I might start to get a complex if I'm not careful. I ordered a few brushes and one of the cheapest on the list just ain't there. I could understand it, if it was the most expensive.

I went to my evening class last night. We have the use of a large room and an attached conservatory. I usually get there early so that I can find a place in the room but last night I missed out. The noise of the rain on the conservatory roof was almost enough to drive you insane. We all packed up a bit early in the end so I hope we don't have too many more evenings like that.

For the ast few weeks we've all been copying the instructor as she has run through things from the beginning. It's really amazing how 8 or 9 copies of the same thing can look so different! We're now moving on to start a project of our own for the weeks running up to Xmas. The only proviso is that it must have something to do with Autumn, winter or Xmas. I think I might do something about the autumn leaves and there colours although I'm not certain. I'll see what I can come up with before next Monday.

Sorry to hear about you problem Uschi, had something similar a couple of years ago which envetually required surgery. There's quite a part of me that is still numb. Still I suppose it's better than the pain. Hope you just need a good rest.

Well best wishes to all, especially those who are also having problems.

Bye for now

John S

shipbroker
11-20-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Nov-2007/84585-Copy_of_New_Billingham.jpeg Good evening.....

Well I read the comments about my lack of artwork in WC...true I admit but not in any way deliberate my omission,and I know that the man from Southampton Docks has visited my website as have many other WCers as my 'statcounter' tells me!

Here is an industrial scene from the North Tees environment..it is what used to be the former ICI BIllingham complex which is a major petro-chemical estate now owned and operated by a dozen or so more companies....

rgds
geoff

olliewood0702
11-20-2007, 03:58 PM
GREAT GEOFF!! LOVE how you handled the smoke coming from those huge stacks. Thanks for sharing.

Yorky
11-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Good for you Geoff, I lived opposite a similar scene as a boy - a coal mine, coke ovens and chemical works complex.

Doug

shipbroker
11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Tks for your comments folks...will drop in an odd painting from time to time and will be 'shooting' the exhibition scene at Addingham this weekend......

Doug the smoke /steam from the chimneys is done with a very dry gouache on a 'Pete Woolley' Magic Brush..of Kettlewell fame!

rgds
geoff

stlkicn
11-20-2007, 06:01 PM
hi all,

((((((Wishing all Happy Thanksgiving.))))))

Remember to give thanks for the small things we take for granted. Ya never know........DON'T GET TOO FAR AHEAD OF OUR SELVES, SLOW DOWN!
smell the paint. I mean Roses.:lol: :eek:

be safe out there too......

Sincerely :heart: