PDA

View Full Version : Raw breakfast

Merethe T
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Hey all!

My latest work, as usual done from my own ref. Done on AS Colorfix, testing out other papers.

C&C wanted, good and bad! :cat:

Ludwigs, Unisons, FC, Rembrandts and pastel papers on Colorfix, 9x12"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2007/22081-IMG_8956_crop+edit_x500.jpg

alaskan rose
11-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Some amazing realism going on here!! I love all those reflections:thumbsup:

Ceci
11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Great, just Great. Love it, you are really good.
ceci

mrking
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Nice. The cracks int he egg shells stand out for me.

Donna T
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
How do you do that?!!! Amazing work!

Donna

M Douglas
11-19-2007, 04:10 PM
As always exquisitely done Merethe.

Melodie

water girl
11-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Fantastic! You are amazing!:clap:

Terry Wynn
11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
This is awesome! I've just got to pick the fork up and get it out of that yucky egg stuff!

Verrrrry well done!

Terry

bruce johnson
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Very well done as usual Merethe.. I love opening your posts..

Terry Wynn
11-19-2007, 05:30 PM
This is awesome! I've just got to pick the fork up and get it out of that yucky egg stuff!

Verrrrry well done!

Terry

Merriel
11-19-2007, 05:38 PM
My first thought was the same as the others, Amazing. The subject matter is great as well as the work itself. You are very creative. That to me is a difficult part of painting.

merriel

Todd Flaming
11-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Cravia,
This is truly incredible. Awesome work!!
Thanks,
Todd

kordelia
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM

Verrrrry well done!

Terry

that's amazing.... the painting AND the thought we both had.... that fork is so real it's crying out to me.... Wipe me, wipe me.... clean UP this mess..... wow... this is super... love the color you've gotten in the 'silver' fork!! kor

Karen Margulis
11-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Very cool!!! Awesome work!

Karen

bnoonan
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Positively LOVE IT. Say... I'm probably about 3 months late but didn't you have a show? how did you do?

Barb

PS Had to check your piece again and see if it was dripping egg white on my screen or keyboard.

formerlyunknownart
11-19-2007, 06:46 PM
ooooh cool... this is a cracked egg done with a little class. ;) Aren't they fun to paint?

Colorix
11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Fabulous! High realism at its best. Gotta get a rag and wipe off the screen before it dries. Merethe, I have to ask, how do you get the patience to do such carful rendering? That fork would have made me tear my hair out in sheer frustration over the difficulty of painting it. You made it totally right and fabulous. Love the luxuriously yellow egg yolk too, and, as someone else said, the crack, the transluscent crack, especially in the reflection. Wow!

Charlie

Peiwend
11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
WOW!

____________________Wendell

Bhavana Vijay
11-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow Merethe!!! You never cease to amaze me!!

CindyW
11-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi Merethe!
LOVE the dark eggshell half and the light eggshell half....kinda makes you wonder what that yellow egg is gonna do....go to the dark side or the bright side! just kidding. :)
Very neat painting!
Can I tell you one very tiny thing? and you can fix this if you even care to.....the tine on the fork isn't completely straight across on the top...it's uneven. I only say that because if it was off on the top, the tine itself wouldn't be vertically straight alongside the others.
Great work, enjoyable to view!
Cindy

David Patterson
11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Boy! You have really mastered food Merethe!! Beautiful work as usual.

David

paul444
11-20-2007, 06:12 AM
A stunning painting Merethe. :thumbsup:

CJMonty
11-20-2007, 07:08 AM
AMAZING !!!

Carolynn :):thumbsup::heart:

K Taylor-Green
11-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Where's that jaw drop icon when you need it! Stunning, Merethe

Tressa
11-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Wow Merethe!! You are running on these reflections!! The flatware is stunning, and the egg looks delicious!!!
Tres

Rose Baggs
11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Superb work Merethe!!! Wow...

pastellar
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh, WOW!!! Your work is really wonderful, Merethe! I don't post often (but always looking) but I HAVE to say how good this is. Love all you that you do. Do you work from photos, or from life?

Pinecone Conniff
11-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Crazy awesome!:heart: :clap:

Annette

Tracer
11-21-2007, 02:09 AM
Wow....really great stuff! So REAL looking! Wonderful reflections!!!

Tracy

Merethe T
11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, thank you so much guys, I'm humbled and very happy... :heart: :cat:
Very nice feedback, and glad you like it! I love doing still lifes like this, downside is I'm not it's that easy to sell, don't know how many people would like raw eggs on the wall....:smug: Thinking of doing a totally different series of buildings and landmarks around here, might be easier to sell...well, that's for later need to do the groundwork getting photos and such, might be fun!

Barb - I didn't have a show, but entered some pieces to the annual Pastel Journal competition (didn't make it..) and the annual North-Norwegian exhibition (didn't make it either...lol). Didn't really expect to either, guess their into oils and watercolors, pastels are totally underrated in Norway - not many who know what they are...guess judges just won't take them seriously or know enough about them - hard to compete with the oils and WC's...
won't give up though, gonna keep entering!

Melanie - they're cool! Remember yours, you beat me to it, lol! Had the photo ready to go when you posted yours, made me giggle when I realized you were in the same track! Fun stuff to do...:D

Charlie - the answer's gotta be I don't have the patience, lol! I am, however, a control freak and love the little details, and have a hard time loosen up...might be the reason why I find landscapes so hard to do, I focus to much on the details.....when I paint I keep looking at all the different shapes and forms, I don't look at the fork as a whole, but divide it into shapes and values...when the shapes and values are right, voila - there's the realism...don't know any other way to explain it...

Cindy - I love the image of the light / and dark side, very cool! And of course, your right, need to fix the fork....thanks!

Pastellar - thank you! I do the set up and take photos, and make notes about colors, light/shadow when I shoot the pics. During the painting prosess I use only the photo, and keep my notes beside me. When I started I'd use photos by others too, but I prefer working from my own now, as I remember the image from real life and have the notes to refer to - I think it has improved my paintings using this method.

Thank you all, I appreciate it. :)

mrking
11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
This is really great. Now I am going to have to compose a raw egg scene. :)

willG
11-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Merethe, Have I got that right ? I find it incredable the we pastellists can work with this difficult material and produce work like this, the detail is just wonderful. I want to know why you have chosen pastel as your medium on such a detailed painting, you have asked for C&C , but you will not get much feedback with work as fantastic as this, I have one cheeky comment and that is, I think the inside of the first shell is too white , I would prefer to see a little shade inside the shell. maybe its just my monitor.
Very nice work indeed , best wishes ,Will. www.lorimerart.co.uk

Holley
11-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Wonderful work Merethe, totally stunning!!!

Mary Brigid
11-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Merthe stunning work as usual. Your paintings are so precise with excellent composition
Mary Brigid

tURBOCAT
11-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Amazingly beautiful!!

Merethe T
11-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Thank you all, I appreciate it!!

Will - you ask why I've chosen pastels...well, the answer is because I love them! I've tried CP's, graphite, oils, acrylics, watercolors....they just don't appeal to me! Pastels have everything - you can draw, paint, blend colors, layer colors - don't have to mess with mixing colors, CP's don't give the variety I want and take to much time....and fine details are possible to achieve with pastels - so I'll stick to them,lol! I've actually started a graphite drawing based on a photo from the same series, but it just don't grab me like pastels do - I find it boring and I lose interest. Won't be changing medium any time soon... ;)

There are more colors in the eggshell, the camera washed out the colors - probably not your monitor, just me having trouble getting a good pic! Thank you, appreciate your comment! :)

Mike_Beeman
11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Amazing...beautiful piece!!! This is one I've keep coming back to and taking another look...great job!

Mike_Beeman
11-22-2007, 12:29 PM
My dog is at the screen trying to lick the egg...how often does that happen?

Merethe T
11-22-2007, 01:00 PM
LOL!! That is just too cute, you had me laugh out loud! :D
Thank you, you made my day!

Mike_Beeman
11-22-2007, 01:20 PM
And I have a clean screen:)

rhapsodyerin
11-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Just amazing. Those reflections and the realism is stunning.:clap: Excuse me for a moment, I have to clean some egg off my monitor............