PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Nov.19 - Nov. 25

Pat Isaac
11-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone,

Well Open Studios was a huge success in our new venue. Both days were crowded with people and I sold a painting and some prints. The whole event was very successful. I am now preparing for my youngest daughter and family who will be arriving from Maryland for the week. The whole family will be here for Thanksgiving this year, which will be very nice.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
11-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Great news, Pat. Congratulations on your sales. What a busy time you're having. Jane

Pat Isaac
11-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks, Jane. Yes, it is busy and I am actually looking forward to the winter when everything will slow down a little. That is usually when I get most of my painting done.

Pat

eyepaint
11-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Pat - congrats on the sale.
Jane - good morning.

Here's a photo I took 5 min ago from my deck.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2007/96240-IMGP3012.JPG

Yup. Cold wet white stuff is falling from the sky. :)

And this was only yesterday morning:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2007/96240-IMGP2948.JPG

Cheers,

LJW
11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm afraid there's a lot more of that to come, EP. We're supposed to get snow on Wednesday. We've actually had a reasonably nice Nov. up til now, with some sun now and again. Jane

Pat Isaac
11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
:eek: ....snow. Very beautiful EP, but I can wait awhile yet. We have also had a very nice November, coldest has been the past few days.
My husband is hoping to till the garden after Thanksgiving so we hope to have it stay reasonably mild.

Pat

wabbitt
11-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Oooo, snow. I want snow, too.

Here I was just getting used to the chill in the mornings and we're due for more Santa Ana winds. Fire crews are on standby again. Threw the fuzzy slippers back in the closet.

Oh yeah, congrats on the sales, Pat!

lacey sprocket
11-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Congrads on the sale, Pat!

Man, snow! It started to get a bit chilly here yesterday, but it's been tee shirt weather for the most part here!

I picked up my work from the small works show in Fremont, I had 10 8x10 OPs in the show, and I sold one! It's the one you can see on the little bar at the bottom of my post, the yellowish one second from the right end. It's the same one that the gallery chose to put on the postcard advertizing the show. I was even interviewed in the local paper! Wow.
I belong to a small collective of artists - we put on shows and events. I've just volunteered to be in charge of coordinating the solo shows we're starting in January at a local community center that has given us some wall space! (I'm going to show my love series there in February.) We're also looking to expand our group, so if anyone knows anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area who wants to get involved...

Thanks for listening! Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the States, and just a general Happy :D to everyone else!

Pat Isaac
11-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Congrats on your sale, Lacey and on all the recent publicity. The gallery sounds like a great project and it is nice to hae a group of artists to work with. At Open Studios I was adked to submit work to a gallery for consideration. It is a co-op in another town and I am considering it.

Speaking of snow, that is what it is doing right now....:eek: my kids are driving up from Maryland so I hope it doesn't stick or last....

Pat

LJW
11-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Lacey, congratulations on the show and sale. Sounds like you're getting some good publicity.

Pat, it's raining here. Hope the drive goes ok for your kids. Do you have paintings in other galleries? Sounds like the Co-op might be a good idea. Jane

wabbitt
11-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Congrats on the sale, Lacey! In among all these activities you've been doing, are you working a regular graphic arts job, too? or are you freelancing? It just all sounds too fun. :D

lacey sprocket
11-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Pat, I'm actually hoping to start a co-op gallery here with the collective! But it all depends on us getting a building, something we've been hoping for awhile. Do you show at a lot of galleries? I like the co-op idea.

Julie, yup, I work 2 days a week doing graphic design for a small screen print shop. The rest of the time I do freelance painting, and my own things! I love it!

Today my friend Shirine (who I've painted a few times) is coming to visit from Humboldt, CA. Another friend from Canada is coming tomorrow, it's going to be a fun week with those girls in town! My couches are getting crowded. :lol:

Pat Isaac
11-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Actually not a lot of galleries yet, but I am a gallery artist for one of the largest art centers in this area. We have several shows featuring gallery artists. I do show in a lot of juried and member shows though. I'm working on more exposure.
Good luck to you in your efforts.

Pat

Pat Isaac
11-21-2007, 01:42 PM
The family arrived safe and sound last night, lots of traffic and it was raining.
I have been busy cooking today and the kids have gone off to see one of the sisters.
Have fun with your friends, Lacey.

Pat

rain24
11-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Congratulations Pat and Lacey on your sales! :clap:

Lacey I just saw your website for the first time. I like your OP style :thumbsup:.

EP - great photos! I particularly like the second one. Love the purples on the trail.

Well geez...all I've done in OP is to finally finish all my colorcharts for all the OPs that I have. I've avoided it for a while now. Glad to finally see exactly what I have on hand (my mishmash of some Senns, some Carans and some Craypas). This colored pencil piece that I'm working on is taking up so much time that I'm sick of this piece of holly already! :lol:

Anyway, in the meantime I seem to have forgotten that it's Thanksgiving this week. I thought I had another week! Oh well. We're going to the new sister-in-law's house. I'm going to miss our usual quiet just-the-two-of-us Thanksgiving. We're having that on Friday instead (because the husband makes really good turkey!).

I hope everyone has fun with their family and friends this Thanksgiving.

Oh and every year I'm thankful to have found art as the thing that makes me happy.

fishfan
11-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I won't be working on the canoes for a few weeks. After a couple of family days in NYC and CT, my wife and I are off to the Sultanate of Oman for some pretty exciting adventure travel. A writer and photographer will be with us and hopefully you'll be able to read a magazine article about it (in a month or two). I've been there a couple of times before, so I know what to expect and can't wait. We have fishing for tuna and sailfish, desert trekking, diving with whale sharks, and..?? on our itinerary. Of course I'll take a zillion photos of my own. The land and seascapes are quite spectacular there. And.....I'll be able to paint them with little or no green! That'll be nice for a change.

Pat Isaac
11-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow, Ed....what an exciting trip. Please let us know the mag if possible and I hope to see lots of paintings from this.

Pat

CarlyHardy
11-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Hello everyone!! and how exciting to see the new Oil Pastel forum!! Kudos to all of you who have worked so hard to make the dream happen!!

Hope all of you are having a great Thanksgiving season!! My husband and I will be going over to my daughter's apartment where my future son-in-law is cooking up the dinner!! Considering that I would probably be making chili for Thanksgiving, I'm thankful to have someone else do the cooking :D My daughter is expecting our first grandchild in mid-December....another big thankful on the list!

Pat, congratulations on your sale! and so glad to hear that your annual open studio went well in the new location.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it online more often this next year. I feel like I'm way behind all of you with my oil pastels!!

Keep smudging!!
carly

Pat Isaac
11-22-2007, 07:38 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all. I hope everyone has a wonderful day where ever you are and what ever you are doing.
Congratulations, Carly. Please let us know when the baby has arrived.

Pat

Andi Rebirth
11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone is with someone they love.
Blessings to all, Andi...PS Haven't been around alot. off and on in the hospital but will be home now, so glad I made it for thanksgiving.
:wave:

Andi Rebirth
11-22-2007, 07:59 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2007/113913-IM000249.jpg

Andi Rebirth
11-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Sorry, one I did in hospital for my daughter for thanksgiving...happy day Andi

Pat Isaac
11-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Glad you are home now, Andi and hope you are feeling well. I like the painting for your daughter. Nice detail and color.

Pat

LJW
11-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans.

Ed, sounds like a fantastic trip. Can't wait to see photos from your exotic outings.

Carly, thanks for dropping in. I hope you can post some OPs for us soon.

Andrea, I wish you well recuperating. What a beautiful flower painting you have done for your daughter.

We're getting snow mixed with freezing rain and ice pellets all day!!! Fortunately Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October so we can stay home today. Jane

Pat Isaac
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Hope you have a nice day, Jane. I knew your Thanksgiving was in October. What is the date? I'm at home too, cooking and enjoying the grandkids...who are all teenagers now. More of the family will be arriving later. It is a beautiful day here, 55 degrees and sunny.

Pat

eyepaint
11-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating :)

AnnieA
11-22-2007, 04:03 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2007/85002-skyturkey.gif

All the local wild critters around here have gotten their thanksgiving meals before I had mine! :lol: The feral cat got a can of his avorite (super smelly) fishy cat food, the squirrel got some bread crusts and the birds got some new peanut suet.

Pat: I'm glad to hear your Open Studios was a success. Did people like the new studios? Congrats on the gallery invite, too. Sounds like fun. I'm glad to hear your kids made it ok.

E.P.: Brrrr. The photos look beautiful, but I'm not ready for winter. We in the Northwest are having a unseasonal spate of sunny, if cold, weather. Tomorrow we're back to rain though.

Julie: I hope there aren't more fires. How horrible. Stay safe.

Lacey: Congrats on the sale! You really are on a roll - keep up the great work, and keep us posted. So many shows and volunteer work (here at WC and elsewhere) too. Whew - how do you do it? You make my head spin! :D I hope you're having fun with all your out-of-town guests.

Oh and every year I'm thankful to have found art as the thing that makes me happy. So true, and I give thanks for WC, too. Hope you're having a great time at your SIL's house.

Ed: Fascinating to hear about your upcoming trip. How have you happened to make several trips to Oman? It does sound exotic - what's the food like? I'll be looking forward to a link to that magazine article. All those trips sound like a lot of fun. I hope you'll treat us to some photos, and paintings too, of course. :)

Carly: Nice to hear from you, and I'm happy to hear you may be joining us more often soon. How wonderful about the new grandchild! Your first - how exciting! Keep us posted...

Jane: With weather like that it's good you can stay warm and cozy at home without having to venture out.

Andi: I'm glad to hear you're ok and back from the hospital. Beautiful rose! I'm sure your daughter must love it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :wave: