GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Scolded Angel
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
One of my first oils. Her colors are actually a lot more vivid than in the photo of the painting. Sorry about the lack of quality in that part, it's hard to take a picture of a picture. I would just like an honest critique, I am happy with it at the moment, but I know in a few months I will pick out things I don't like or are wrong.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Should I add wings to her or leave her as she sits. Any other comments or suggestions are more than welcome too.

kathrynlovespets
11-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh its very evocative.
priceless
couple things..the little pink line on her left cheek (viewer's left) looks like a scar, so maybe it needs to be softened...and the line coming from her mouth on the same side is a little too pronounced and long
otherwise, those eyes are perfect
and the lack of a strong background is great because it's as if she's caught in this moment--and everything else besides her intense emotional feelings disappears in a (blue) fog

MRSBB
11-18-2007, 10:49 PM
This is just super. Having had 3 daughters, I can really relate to this one. The look on the face is perfect. Forget the wings, the picture speaks for itself. Great painting......................Lenore

creodont
11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
For starting of with oils your use of expression is great.I'm glad I do not have a daughter. The look on that face and I will be looking over my back. Highlight of hair and face helps bring out her dismay . Working with kids and I'm truly worried about this one in fact I'm downright scared........john

ejtupi
11-19-2007, 12:03 AM
An excellent reminder how they learn to pout and feign sincere contrition at an early age and think they can pull that for the rest of their lives. They're right, of course. ;)

This portrait is fantastic. Don't do another thing to it. In a few months, when you look at it and search out flaws that drive you wild, try to recall why you painted it in the first place: you forgive the flaws because the essence is beautiful. Don't look for perfection here. You've achieved a wonderful result already.

D.W. Flint
11-19-2007, 12:04 AM
A good painting and it brings back a lot of memories. We raised five daughters. Just wait for the teenage years!! Well worth in though.