PDA

View Full Version : If you go down to the woods today???

seejay
11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I promised Mel and Dolors (anyone else?) that I'd look at doing a teddy. I psyched myself up to do one, hey I might even do a few more using different mediums/techniques, who knows. If I do I'll post those attempts here too.

Quick one (~ 1 hour, for me I suppose that is a long one:D ) with black Microns, and limited range of ZIG coloured pens, some dodgy metallic pens, topped off with a bit of a graphite 'wash'. I have had these pens for a long time, but found their small points really scratchy and annoying this time I used them - I've been using a pen with a ball point lately. Lots of room for improvement, but here it is, with a Xmas theme too. Model courtesy of my wife.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Nov-2007/6409-141107.jpg

Cheers

PVHooper
11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
n1 chris, good fun for christmas

mel-ink
11-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Thank you Chris!!!! Adorable!! I like the colors even if the hair WAS standing up on your neck!! Great dimension on the bag - love the little santa teddy...2 cute!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

dolors
11-15-2007, 02:34 AM
:clap: Thank you very much Chris! He is so beautiful! Look now you already have your Christmas card done. :D Your teddies have somthing special, I love them. I hope that you do more with different mediums as you say and post them here.
Thank you again, this is a good way to start the day.

valchina612
11-15-2007, 03:47 AM
Chris, this is terrific. I love the way you've done the Teddy, and the bag design is great. Looking forward to seeing more. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

seejay
11-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the kind words about the teddy everyone. I'm glad you liked it Mel and Dolors. :thumbsup:

I've done a couple of contour sketches of another fine model, but I think I'll practice some more to find one that I like before I post it.

Cheers

MonicaB
11-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Very nice, Chris! Maybe we can fit you into the Christmas Card project. :wink2:

elaine321
11-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Great work Chris, very cute!!!! I agree with the others, this would make a nice xmas card.

seejay
11-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks Monica and Elaine.

I'll read up one the project. I'm not a big one for xmas cards, but you might tempt me. How is everyone printing theirs??

Cheers

mudslinger
11-15-2007, 07:25 PM
i know what you mean about cards...i'm not real big on them either, but i'm waiting for them this year! :lol: you can print them yourself or go to any place that does laser copies. i got mine done at staples, but i don't know if you have those there...:D

seejay
11-15-2007, 07:58 PM
i know what you mean about cards...i'm not real big on them either, but i'm waiting for them this year! :lol: you can print them yourself or go to any place that does laser copies. i got mine done at staples, but i don't know if you have those there...:D

Thanks for that.

Just normal photocopy/printer type printing then. Sounds do-able.

Cheers

MonicaB
11-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Talk to Jakeally -- we had a limit on participants, so it wouldn't cost people an arm and a leg. Maybe send her a PM?

objectivistartist
11-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Very well done teddy.....:thumbsup:

seejay
11-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Talk to Jakeally -- we had a limit on participants, so it wouldn't cost people an arm and a leg. Maybe send her a PM?

I'm thinking about it. I'll contact Chris if I get interested. Thanks Monica.:thumbsup:

Cheers

seejay
11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Very well done teddy.....:thumbsup:

Thanks!:p

Jakeally
11-16-2007, 04:37 AM
Just wonderful Chris .... a beautiful card:clap: :clap:
There is room on the project if you would like to join in.
You wouldn't actually be able to join the project because it is full and I am unable to delete any of the people who have dropped out.
We would just add you to the address list. :D

seejay
11-18-2007, 04:29 AM
Just wonderful Chris .... a beautiful card:clap: :clap:
There is room on the project if you would like to join in.
You wouldn't actually be able to join the project because it is full and I am unable to delete any of the people who have dropped out.
We would just add you to the address list. :D

Thanks Chris. Still thinking about it!:confused:

seejay
11-18-2007, 04:34 AM
Three contour sketches of another teddy. I can't slow down doing these, maybe not enough detail, so they are lacking a bit of something.

I need to come up with something else now.:p

Cheers

sassybird
11-18-2007, 01:51 PM
That teddy is adorable! Just right for a Christmas present and card. The contour drawings are good to. Just get out your trusty pencils and add some color and a bit of detail.

seejay
11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
That teddy is adorable! Just right for a Christmas present and card. The contour drawings are good to. Just get out your trusty pencils and add some color and a bit of detail.

Thanks Charissa. I think the contour sketches will stay as they are, but there could be colour in the next one.

Cheers

seejay
01-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Hi, back again. Been a while.

Another one, sepia ink (dip pen) and colour pencils.

Cheers

Jakeally
01-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Great stuff Chris. You always give your teddys such wonderful characters:clap: :clap:

seejay
01-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Great stuff Chris. You always give your teddys such wonderful characters:clap: :clap:

Thanks Chris. I forgot to mention this is also from my journal.

Cheers