PDA

View Full Version : selling art online tips

jolie
06-07-2002, 07:34 PM
i stumbled across a website that looks as if it has some useful online sales tips. it's called "selling your art online" and though i've only broused briefly through it, it appears to be an online newsletter with some very useful info. the address is
http://www.1x.com/advisor/

hope it's useful to you all!

jolie

surreal
06-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Jolie,
Thanks so much for posting the link.
As soon as I have time, I'm going to read it.

surreal:D

waynebrekke
06-08-2002, 08:52 AM
I saw this link some time ago and printed off almost the whole thing. it is very helpful. thanks for posting the link!

Corrie Scott
06-08-2002, 12:10 PM
:clap:
This is a wonderful site, with clear information, and easy access to other sites. Thank you so much

hairballsdotcom
06-20-2002, 11:20 AM
I have looked at many of these articles. Much of the information is very good HOWEVER...DO BE AWARE that many of the articles are several years old! Most list the written or post date at the bottom of the article.

surreal
06-20-2002, 11:38 AM
Lori,

I noticed the same thing you noticed - that the articles I looked at (several) were dated 1999.

Nina :)

hairballsdotcom
06-22-2002, 11:03 AM
I think with 'old' information, you really have to sift through it carefully. Things change SO fast with the internet that unless the info is less than a year old (or even 6 months) any statistics and many characterizations listed concerning the web definately can't be trusted. Of course there's always basic 'good sense' information that can be applied anytime to anything -- thats never out of date.

Example: I have a lot of old photography books and magazines. My husband keeps saying "throw them away, they're worthless". They ARE totally worthless as far as the 'mechanics' of using equipment, BUT the basics of how to get a good picture still apply. Plus I'm a pack rat and hate to through ANYTHING away!

mf.sutton
06-30-2002, 05:03 AM
Thanks for posting the site, I agree to take care over stats etc more than 6 months old, but it does look like a very useful site.

mike