PDA

View Full Version : Dutch countryside

Dima
06-07-2002, 04:11 PM
MDF-board primed with pumice in acrylic medium and toned with green acrylic.
30x40cm.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2002/omgevingBroekhuizen.jpg

Dick

sundiver
06-08-2002, 12:00 AM
I like this. It reminds me of the area we visited in the Netherlands a couple of years ago- Norg, near Groningen (not sure it's spelled right)

KarenU
06-08-2002, 01:37 PM
This is really lovely Dick.....the color palette is wonderful, the sky is really nice, and the background trees with the red in them are great. The composition is superb....really pulls me in and allows my eyes to wander about the whole piece!

Dima
06-09-2002, 10:32 AM
Thank you, sundiver and KarenU.
Groningen is correctly spelled, sundiver, but this is in Limburg at the other end of this (small) country.

Dick

Purrpl Haze
06-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Hi Dima,

Wonderful job! I like its soft appearance. We do have similar sceneries here in Belgium. But then of course we do!

Seems you posted in the wrong forum though, but anyhow, I enjoyed taking a look at this. Thanks for sharing!

Hazel

Dima
06-12-2002, 05:58 PM
Thanks Purple Haze,

This is actually 'de peel' in Limburg, so very close to Belgium indeed.

The scene was was in soft pastels only, it is just the ground that is acrylic medium and colour. So the right forum after all.

Dick

Purrpl Haze
06-15-2002, 06:44 AM
Hi Dima,

Thanks for explaining the medium you used for your work. So I guess your forum of choice wasn't 'completely' wrong after all. :D Didn't you post this in the Mixed Media forum as well?

Cheers,
Hazel

Inkling
06-15-2002, 01:26 PM
I think I commented about this one in the landscape forum, but I will say it again here. This is lovely and I really like the composition.