PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Nov.12 - Nov. 18

Pat Isaac
11-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Good morning everyone,

Today I am going to clean up the rest of my flower gardens even if it rains...I need to get that job out of the way so that the outside work is done for this year. My husband and friend cut down some precarious and dead trees in our yard yesterday as a part of one fell in our driveway and just missed the house a few weeks ago.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM
We're still working on winter garden preparations. We dug up the last of the potatoes yesterday and half of the carrots - they seem to do alright if you leave them in the ground longer. We have to put chicken wire around a number of our shrubs or the rabbits eat them down to the ground over the winter. I need to do some dusting which I've let go while painting! Jane

wildart129
11-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I had a good weekend, went to Nolin River Dam, It's a beautiful place in the fall, the trees were still very colorful, so I took lots of photos. Today I'm going 4-wheeling in the woods next to my house and taking my camera with me. I need to work on several graphite drawings I've got going, and maybe work with the OP some as well. I just have way to many things going at once, and I need to finish what I've got going before starting anything new. Hope everyone has a good week.:clap: :thumbsup:

Pat Isaac
11-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I know what you mean about having too many things at once, Wildart. I do that a lot. Hope you have a great time 4 wheeling and get lots of photos.
You must have a lot of rabbits, Jane. Lots of people around here put burlap on their shrubs to prevent deer from nibbling.
Just finished half of the clean up and am now going out to finish up.

Pat

AngelaF
11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Glad you are getting your outside work done, Pat and Jane. It is very rainy and dreary here. I worked hard on landscaping last year and should do more this fall, but don't think I will be able to get to that this year before bad weather -- will have to try and catch up in the spring, summer.

My redo woes continue -- I was able to lay flooring nicely in the bedroom studio, friend and I were preparing to do great room this weekend and moved a bookcase into the bedroom first -- put felt on the bottom of it and put it on a piece of carpet first -- it still scuffed the floor horribly and the products people had recommended it this ever happend did not really help it that much -- so cannot take the risk of putting that down everywhere. I am back to having laminate installed -- had bulked because of miscommunications that had with store on original estimate (that basically doubled the cost, but were a mistake) that the store did not correct for two weeks -- had already moved on to doing myself with this other product by then. It is another big bummer -- was able to do myself and looked great -- I am back in communication about the laminate, hopefully will be in stock so can hopefully have it laid soon -- will be cheaper than it was with one room less and much labor of carpet and baseboards done by me than it was, but still a big hole in the budget now since money was stolen by the first installer. Supposed to hear about the estimate and install date later today -- at least once that gets done, this will be less of a nightmare -- hope it is soon, it is such a mess here and I am tired of doing this. So that is my continuing saga.

I am also a member of the Equestrian Art Guild this year, but have not really participated, popped in to change my email address, as was forced to change by my internet provider. There was info about a mural project there, I got in communication and sent a few samples (oil pastel strokes and Christmas card project), was accepted to participate. Has to be done in acrylics though. Get panels in January and return in March. So I have to get the redo done - for the monthy here and that -- I am getting booked.

My housemate is also having arm surgery December 11 and will not be able to do any chores for at least two months -- lovely. So really, really trying to be done by then and working on art by January.

My mom is holding her own, but I know the holidays January anniversary of her husbands death will probably be hard on her. I hope she can stay well. I am going every two weeks right now for a night and calling her daily. I hope the weather this winter allows me to stick to going there. I am a real whimp about driving in the snow now that I don't have to do it for work.

Well, as I have said before, I never dreamed this redo would be quite as hard as it has been, but hopefull soon I can share some before and afters pictures with you all and report my studio is set up and I am ready to balance things a little better. You tried to warn me about that balance thing, early on, Pat. I still hope to get better at it than I have been thus far.

Have a great week, Angela

LJW
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow, Angela, you sure have had a lot of bad luck with this reno. Here's hoping you can get the laminate installed soon, and I hope things go well over the holidays, too. I don't like driving in the snow either, so I can sympathize. Jane

rain24
11-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Looks like everyone has been so busy - mainly with garden cleanup before winter sets in. As for me, I'm looking forward to having some flowers planted next spring so I'm waiting for January when the new seed and flower catalogs come out. This year, most of the yard cleanup will be done by my husband (yay, I get to call him that now :D).

Wildart - hope you had a good weekend of four wheeling and that you came home with lots of photos.

Angela, I hope the remodeling gets smoother for you and that your new studio will be up and running soon.

As for me, I had a good weekend. I did a colored pencil demo for our art guild and had quite a number of visitors come by the table and ask questions or watch me work. Most of all, I loved this darling little four year old girl that just put her head down on the table next to my paper and watched my pencil lay down a wash of color. Then she went off to find her "two grammas" to show them my work. I had so much fun at my first demo! :D I'm really hoping to get better at the OPs so I can work that into another demo next year at the same place.

Hope everyone's week is going well. I still have some OP color charts and pencil charts to finish and then I'm on to my fun projects.

LJW
11-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Rain, sounds like your first demo went really well. Glad you had fun too. Jane

Pat Isaac
11-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Angela, I'm so sorry that you are still having redo problems. I really do hope things get settled soon. How nice that you have some art to start working on right away in January. Make sure you post them even though they are acrylics.
Sounds like a great demo rain. Would have been cute if someone had taken your picture with the little girl.
Hooray, I finished the clean up on Monday and now I have been spending every day at the studio getting ready for the weekend. I was not happy today when the frame store told me that one of my ordered frames would not be in until tomorrow as it didn't get on theorder book last week....grrr....oh well, I did frame 2 other pieces and will do that one tomorrow, I hope.
Have a great evening...Pat

wabbitt
11-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Hello everyone. It gets dark early now and I am terrible about neglecting my garden over the winter. I didn't have much time in the garden this year but my strawberry plants still love me anyway.

Rain - congrats on your demo

Angela - I'm glad to hear you've got help and a possible solution to your flooring challenges

Wildart - I'm happy if I'm able to take my truck out of the garage once a week. It's an '84 Toyota truck set up for off road, though it hasn't been in 4WD since I've been back in California.

Pat - oh well, there's always tomorrow

I went to class last night all geared up and prepared to do more chinese ink drawings but we were on to pastels. Dang, I enjoy the chinese brush and we only got to use them for one class. Oh well, it was an excuse to buy a better quality brush and felt pad. I had prepared some watercolor paper with colorfix over the weekend but I didn't think I'd need them until Thursday. So I made due with the charcoal paper I had and borrowed three (soft) pastel sticks.

AngelaF
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. They are to start laying the floor on Monday, may take through Wednesday they say. Will be havoc when they start -- but I am so happy they are going to do it that soon. It is being delivered today. I have to pull a little more carpet and take down some more baseboard today, as supposed to go to my mom's on the weekend.

I will still have some odds and ends to do for the redo after the floor -- but I can start putting furniture back at least, Yay.

Have a great weekend everyone! Angela

Pat Isaac
11-16-2007, 08:36 AM
You too, angela. You must be so happy to see real progress happening. I off to finish up last minute details for Open Studios.

Pat

LJW
11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Angela, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out OK this time. You deserve a break.

Julie, sounds like fun to be trying out all sorts of media in your drawing class.

Pat, good luck with the Open Studios this weekend.

Jane