PDA

View Full Version : The Ink Well.... November 11-17, 2007

objectivistartist
11-11-2007, 10:15 PM
a little late, but here nonetheless......

did well at the show:clap: :clap: :clap:
sold "Original Sin":eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
almost sold "Mother Lode" :eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

went out and had supper at the Longhorn......:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

MonicaB
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Congrats, Robert! That's great news.

objectivistartist
11-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately, never had chance to getting a really GOOD photo of it, and have to hope the film one taken in the tent comes out better than what the cam did..... to me, is ok, since have the ink study of it on newsprint, so have good idea of how it detailed.... admit, tho it was often commented on as folk walked by, never expected anyone to seriously think of buying it, as it isn't one which usual folk would have hanging in their living room....

The real hit was 'Mother Lode', where many stood and studied it, even a couple of 10-11 year old's, and there were several who seemed almost at point of buying it..... 'The Garden' drew interest, as also 'The Loner' [the leaf one] for its trompe l'oeil effect.... and, of course, 'Reared Window' sparked interest, several wondering just where that place was.....

And many oddly thanking me for showing good art..... :eek: ....... to say nothing of possibilities in pen/ink..... :thumbsup:

justsomedude86
11-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Very congrats Robert! That's outstanding! How much did those sell for might I ask?

Things here have been difficult lately. Last week I was pulled over on 3 separate occasions by police while on a bicycle, two of them for not any real reason. And then last friday I had my bike stolen very close to where I live, and after filing a police report the police really didn't do anything at all. So my sense of local justice has completely fallen. That is also the third bike that has been stolen from me this past year here in this town, and I will never buy another bike for as long as I live here again.

On the slightly good news, I have an interview today with a printing company for either a graphic design position or just general shop work! In that I'm extremely happy, finally get a job that I would love doing, and great pay!

Still trying to keep up with the art, just finished an ink bleach piece last week, working on a watercolor for school, and working on a huge 60x72in for an opening reception thursday, so I'll be sure to bring pics :)

mudslinger
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
congrats robert! i'm glad it went well for you.

if anyone has been wondering where dave (artistdbs) has been, i talked to him yesterday, and he's just been very busy. he'll be back around soon, i'm sure, probably with his christmas card in progress! i know i can't wait to see what he comes up with this year! ;)

objectivistartist
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
lol - prob a break-out card with a very realistic locomotive coming up your face.....:eek::lol::lol:[with a santa hat on its stack, of course......:lol::lol::lol:]