PDA

View Full Version : How to paint shadows? (II)

Miko
11-11-2007, 01:41 PM
At the end of October I have posted a new thread about my problems with painting shodows. Yorky gave me the advice to look at the top 20 of the FAQs and Dale Ziegler wrote me about the importance of dark values. Thank you Doug, Thank you Dale!
I attach a pew pics where - of yourse - you can see that I made a lot of corrections (it's just paper ). I tried to paint some negative shapes and I used darker values.
As I am still learning now I ask the members and visitors of the wetcanvas forum to give me a little bit of feedback.
Am I on the right way?
Which mistakes did I make?
What could I have done better?
And don't worry about giving negative critiques. I can accept that because I can learn a lot of it.
But I hope you will not say as my friend Friedrich did: He said "Gerhard, you made very nice tomatoes!":lol:
Gerhard

juneto
11-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Looks Beautiful to me !! You sure got Great advice !
I would love to see this large , 600 x 500 . Can you resize and show us your work ? It is too Good not to show up properly !!!
june:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gemineye
11-11-2007, 02:26 PM
You are definitely going in the right direction!
And those definitely DO NOT look like tomatoes! :lol:
Your shading and highlights look good, and your leaves are great! As June said, it would help if we could see these a little bigger...then we can get a closer look at it!

Miko
11-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Thank you very much for your encouraging comments. I send now the attachments in a solution which is just a little bit higher (because in the forum the width is limited with 500 pixels)
Gerhard:wave:

Yorky
11-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I think it is great Here it is with a mat and frame:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Nov-2007/1046-AAMikoDSEx.jpg

Doug

amyeverhart
11-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Looks good enough to eat.

juneto
11-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Beautiful !!!!! Thanks Doug !
June
and More :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

laudesan
11-12-2007, 06:34 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Nov-2007/22284-Tomatoes.JPG

I think you are on the right track, but your shadows look at little dirty to me..

My favourite Apple is the one at the bottom underneath, I love the light on it..

Your leaves look great but the shadows on them are a little confusing to me. Some dark shadows are on the top lighted side of the leaf?

You need to explore the colours in shadows.. There are some great threads in the Learning Demo's. If you click on the link in my signature line below and scroll on down to SHADOWS and have a read you will find some some extra help..

Cheers JJ :wave:

mgthorvaldsen
11-12-2007, 10:11 AM
:wave: HI! Gerhard, Interesting progression with your visual development. So easy to see how well worked shadows are good modifiers for our center of interest! Regards, Marianne