PDA

View Full Version : It's great it's so busy here!

ewschott
11-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Wow, I have been away for quite sometime, but my newsletter mentioned this section (P&I) jogging my memory, and it's great to come by and see all the work that's been posted!

I can't remember - way back when, someone presented the challenge of "portraits" in ink... well they really got me tricked into it, and I have actually done three commissions now - a real change from those first attempts. They are almost harder than oil, because they are done or done over - this has become my favorite saying!

I still haven't found a great venue for selling them in general - a lot of "nothing under glass galleries" are out there :(

Here is a bit (well actually to much) of what I have been up too, I can wait to cruise some more and see all the great stuff coming from everyone!

Best to you all!
Beth

seejay
11-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Really nice work, Beth.

Too bad about the galleries.

Cheers

valchina612
11-07-2007, 03:34 AM
It's great to see you again Beth. Your Portraits are great, and I believe I was the one that started that Portrait Thread waaay back when. So glad the contents made an impact on you. I hope we will be seeing more from you. :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

PVHooper
11-07-2007, 04:30 AM
Really stunning stuff Beth, really inspiring. Yes its sad that we really do this mainly for the love of it, but that makes better art.

mudslinger
11-07-2007, 06:51 AM
They are almost harder than oil, because they are done or done over

you said a mouthful! that's the fun and the challenge of it, isn't it? pencil is easy as long as you have an eraser! :p:lol:

what techniques are you using? i like them all but i love the first one of the little girl...well done! :thumbsup:

mmcgarrett
11-07-2007, 07:06 AM
These are all really lovely. I particularly like the one with the three young people who look like they are celebrating. They look like they are having so much fun - it just makes me smile:D

Micki

MonicaB
11-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Beth, it's great to see you back -- I'm glad the newsletter mentioned us and prompted you to come back. Your portraits and sheep pieces are incredible!

objectivistartist
11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
If they are done in permanant ink, so not smear, then one could coat the work with gloss medium, thus getting around the 'no - glass' rule and still protect the renderings....

Ranger Dan
11-08-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm hoping we'll get to see more portraits. these are all nice works.